X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinteuil
    • Nov 2010

... but if it's in a work by Mozart, there's always "Don Giovanni! A cenar teco m'invitasti... "

Comment

• mercia
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      ... but if it's in a work by Mozart
      ah yes, I forgot that detail

Comment

• Northender

Don Giovanni is indeed one of the three works you're looking for; the statue of the Commendatore accepts an invitation to dinner.

Comment

• Flay
          • Mar 2007

The final scene of Act 1 of Nixon in China is an evening banquet in the Great Hall of the People.

Is that what you mean by dinner?
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Northender

I think it can be called a dinner for the purposes of the present question.

(You may have to enter 'Nixon in China dinner scene' in the search box)
            Two down, one to go!

Comment

• Anna

Would the John Adams be connected to the film where his music is played at a dinner? I am in Love?

Comment

• Northender

Sorry, Anna, we've established that it's the Dinner Scene from John Adams's 'Nixon in China'.
                (We'll be watching the Scarlets tonight, by the way)

Comment

• Flay
                  • Mar 2007

I thought it was a given that it was the Berkeley Opera - A Dinner Engagement

Mercs #26260
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Northender View Post
                    Sorry, Anna, we've established that it's the Dinner Scene from John Adams's 'Nixon in China'.(We'll be watching the Scarlets tonight, by the way)
                    Sorry, only just logged in and preoccupied with posting about purple carrots! Pay attention at the back|!!

Comment

• Northender

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                      I thought it was a given that it was the Berkeley Opera - A Dinner Engagement

Mercs #26260
                      Sorry, the associations triggered by the combination of 'dog' and 'dinner' quite threw me!
                      To summarize:
                      Three works featuring a dinner: Lennox Berkeley's 'A Dinner Engagement', John Adams's 'Nixon in China' and Mozart's 'Don Giovanni'.
                      As mercs was the first to mention Dinner, and identified the Lennox Berkeley, I think he gets to set the next question, yes?

Comment

• mercia
                        • Nov 2010

if anyone else is bursting with Eees, feel free to post

meantime I shall think .................

Comment

• Anna

When I first looked, late on, this afternoon, my first thought was Dog's Dinner, and whether I had overdone the Oxford comma, then I worried about posting that answer because a) I had the apostrophe in the wrong place, and were it singular or plural dogs and b) was it a reference to Frank Zappa and Evelyn the Modified Dog? In the case of the latter (hereintobefore referred to as b) but now classified as weird stuff) no-one else but me would have heard of it!! So, there you are then.

Comment

• Flay
                            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            When I first looked, late on, this afternoon, my first thought was Dog's Dinner, and whether I had overdone the Oxford comma, then I worried about posting that answer because a) I had the apostrophe in the wrong place, and were it singular or plural dogs and b) was it a reference to Frank Zappa and Evelyn the Modified Dog? In the case of the latter (hereintobefore referred to as b) but now classified as weird stuff) no-one else but me would have heard of it!! So, there you are then.
                            And you accused me of being on the surgical spirits!

Nice to have you back with us, Anna. Have you had a busy week?
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• mercia
                              • Nov 2010

E numerically

Nabat, Romantique, to Colette

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                                And you accused me of being on the surgical spirits!
                                Nice to have you back with us, Anna. Have you had a busy week?
                                Yes, I've had me surgical scrubs on and have inserted loads of stuff, like cannulas

Comment

Working...
                                X