X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Roslynmuse View Post
    Handel - 1707 - could the three works be ATTRIBUTED to Handel and therefore QUESTIONABLE??
    Nice try, Roslynmuse but no. Let me see now, a few titles might help ....Salve Regina ... Haec est Regina Virginum ... Te decus virgineum ... http://imslp.org/wiki/List_of_compos...rideric_Handel

Comment

• Roslynmuse
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Nice try, Roslynmuse but no. Let me see now, a few titles might help ....Salve Regina ... Haec est Regina Virginum ... Te decus virgineum ... http://imslp.org/wiki/List_of_compos...rideric_Handel
      Ah - antiphons - antiphony - question and answer!

Comment

• amateur51

Ah - antiphons - antiphony - question and answer!
        You got it!

Give me the Ives and I'll give you the R - tho the young criminal is easily googleable now

Comment

• Roslynmuse
          • Jul 2011

You got it!

Give me the Ives and I'll give you the R - tho the young criminal is easily googleable now
          I thought Cali and Cloughie had already got The Unanswered Question?

I must be still half-asleep - I'm not getting anything on the young criminal - is s/he being held for questioning? Juvenile delinquent??

Comment

• amateur51

I must be still half-asleep - I'm not getting anything on the young criminal - is s/he being held for questioning? Juvenile delinquent??
            Trust me, Roslymuse the situation is as I have stated it - we have the answer - Question from Cali - and one definite clue answer - antiphon - from you. Cloughie has hinted at but not expressed the Ives answer & I have no truck with such coyness

The young criminal clue is Young Outlaws and their song Question which I found on google.

So now ... what's the Ives answer (ho ho!)

Comment

• amateur51

Oh praps I kissed something?

Comment

• Roslynmuse
                • Jul 2011

Shall I Risk an R then??

[Not quite sure if the Q is finished!]

Comment

• amateur51

Shall I Risk an R then??

[Not quite sure if the Q is finished!]
                  Go for it Roslynmuse while I compile some Anna coleslaw

Comment

• amateur51

Coleslaw for Q = Question

Charles Ives was an insurance executive whose father was a band-leader and he wrote an orchestral piece called The Unanswered Question

A young criminal= Young outlaw who recorded a piece called Question

Handel who was a German/Englishman wrote three Antiphons = Question & answer, in Rome in 1707.

Comment

• cloughie
                      • Dec 2011

Trust me, Roslymuse the situation is as I have stated it - we have the answer - Question from Cali - and one definite clue answer - antiphon - from you. Cloughie has hinted at but not expressed the Ives answer & I have no truck with such coyness

The young criminal clue is Young Outlaws and their song Question which I found on google.

So now ... what's the Ives answer (ho ho!)
                      anybody heard of them?

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                        anybody heard of them?
                        I explained that I googled it At least I had a go at a Q : pats self on head:

Comment

• Roslynmuse
                          • Jul 2011

OK - here we go - and there's a link to the previous puzzle here.

What R connects a kingfisher, a wasteful offspring and the madness of Ophelia?

Comment

• amateur51

OK - here we go - and there's a link to the previous puzzle here.

What R connects a kingfisher, a wasteful offspring and the madness of Ophelia?
                            Does the madness of Ophelia refer to Shakespeare's Hamlet or to Rosetti's painting or ...?

Is the kingfisher the brightly coloured bird or The Fisher King from Shakespeare's Hamlet?

All here!!

Comment

• Roslynmuse
                              • Jul 2011

Does the madness of Ophelia refer to Shakespeare's Hamlet or to Rosetti's painting or ...?

Is the kingfisher the brightly coloured bird or The Fisher King from Shakespeare's Hamlet?

All here!!
                              Ophelia - or... - 'Madness and Death of Ophelia' might be more accurate.

Kingfisher - the brightly coloured bird.

I hadn't thought of your Hamlet associations!

Comment

• amateur51

Ophelia - or... - 'Madness and Death of Ophelia' might be more accurate.

Kingfisher - the brightly coloured bird.

I hadn't thought of your Hamlet associations!
                                Thanks for the leads rosylnmuse - are the clues all musical? I can find Ophelia linked to music by Berlioz, Medtner, Shostakovich and Frank Bridge

Comment

Working...
                                X