• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Anyway an A to link

Reggie De Koven
    Clayton Moore and
    The Queen on her 80th birthday
    Everyone too busy feeding their cake with booze and scrawling some Xmas cards... Only just able to consider this, seeing as I've only heard of one of the people mentioned, viz. HMQ.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Everyone too busy feeding their cake with booze and scrawling some Xmas cards... Only just able to consider this, seeing as I've only heard of one of the people mentioned, viz. HMQ.

What!!!

Comment

The great composer Reggie and the great actor Clayton.....

Comment

The great composer Reggie and the great actor Clayton.....
          Yes, even Caliban's education must have included The Lone Ranger
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post

I heard at Cambridge they watched little else....

Comment

I thought to seek a Tonto connection and stumbled upon a Nigerian social and political crisis concerning the singer Tonto Dikeh:

http://www.nairaland.com/1077715/tonto-dikehs-song-bad

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Somewhat before my time, old boy! Wrong decade!

I think there were repeats on when I was little, but it seemed old hat and we never watched it. I only knew about Tonto and Silver and the William Tell overture by repute.
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Somewhat before my time, old boy! Wrong decade!

I think there were repeats on when I was little, but it seemed old hat and we never watched it. I only knew about Tonto and The William Tell overture by repute.
                  Why don't we pursue William Tell?

Comment

Why don't we pursue William Tell?
                    Persuing that has taken me far and wide, from New York to Abingdon, where in 2006 they had a bun throwing to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's 80th Birthday

http://www.abingdonmuseum.org.uk/museumbun.htm
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

And to a poor goat named William Windsor, a lance corporal in the 1st Battalion, the Royal Welsh. He served as a lance corporal from 2001 until 2009, except for a three-month period in 2006 when he was demoted to fusilier, after inappropriate behaviour during the Queen's Official Birthday celebrations while deployed on active duty with the battalion on Cyprus.

On 16 June 2006, a parade was held to celebrate Queen Elizabeth II's 80th birthday, at the Episkopi base near Limassol, Cyprus. Invited dignitaries included the ambassadors of Spain, the Netherlands and Sweden and the Argentine commander of United Nations' forces on Cyprus.
                      The deployment to Cyprus with the 1st Battalion was Billy's first overseas posting, and despite being ordered to keep in line, he refused to obey. He failed to keep in step, and tried to headbutt a drummer. The goat major, Lance Corporal Dai Davies was unable to keep him under control.
                      Billy was charged with "unacceptable behaviour", "lack of decorum" and "disobeying a direct order", and had to appear before his commanding officer, Lieutenant-Colonel Huw James. Following a disciplinary hearing, he was demoted to fusilier. The change meant that other fusiliers in the regiment no longer had to stand to attention when Billy walked past, as they had to when he was a lance corporal.

A Canadian animal rights group protested to the British Army, stating that he was merely "acting the goat", and should be reinstated. Three months later, on 20 September at the same parade ground, Billy regained his rank during the Alma Day parade which celebrates the Royal Welsh victory in the Crimean War. Captain Simon Clarke said, "Billy performed exceptionally well, he has had all summer to reflect on his behaviour at the Queen's birthday and clearly earned the rank he deserves".

Billy received his promotion from the colonel of the Royal Welsh Regiment, Brigadier Roderick Porter. As a result of regaining his rank, he also regained his membership of the corporals' mess.
                      The things we learn from AA

But this does not help me solve Anton's puzzle
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

And to a poor goat named William Windsor, a lance corporal in the 1st Battalion, the Royal Welsh. He served as a lance corporal from 2001 until 2009, except for a three-month period in 2006 when he was demoted to fusilier, after inappropriate behaviour during the Queen's Official Birthday celebrations while deployed on active duty with the battalion on Cyprus.

The things we learn from AA

But this does not help me solve Anton's puzzle
                        Indeed but all clues are musical - 2 pieces of music, one of which you have and the other a composer.....

Comment

Indeed but all clues are musical - 2 pieces of music, one of which you have and the other a composer.....
                          Reggie wrote Robin Hood. Does that get us anywhere?
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

As I continue to randomly fling things in the hope that one will stick: Andrew Motion and Max collaborated in the anthem The Golden Rule, composed as a birthday tribute and first performed at the Queen's 80th birthday Service of Thanksgiving on 23rd April 2006
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Reggie wrote Robin Hood. Does that get us anywhere?

With William Tell it might?

Comment

Who was Glinda?
                                Didn't he write Russlan and Lukmilla?

Comment

Working...
                                X