This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    That was cancelled - as far as I was concerned (the person I was standing by to fill in for suddenly found they could go...)

It was hence real work. However I am now ensconsed in a corner desk with which you are familiar and on the basis that it's tough to libel Mr Gaddafi, I am able to devote myself to more important matters...
    I'm truly sorry to hear you missed out. In the bottom drawer of the said desk you will find a takeaway menu for a less-rareified, but equally satisfying, culinary experience. (I recommend the chicken ceylon). Don't rush to give us an E, that would lend an uncharacteristic sense of haste to the proceedings...

Comment

Anna - chuff chuff! I have been diverted by the debate as to the word 'totty'. I am now concentrating on the E question.
      Only joking Caliban, and I did notice you had been diverted by the word "totty" I guess you mistook the speling for Tootie! Tootie! I doubt if I will be available tonight to see your puzzle though.

Comment

OK here goes with E, it's all rather E-laborate I'm afraid (that's not a clue, just another dodgy alphabetical pun).

What is the common factor between the following three gentlemen: No 1 wrote a Mass among other things, but also created terpsichorean inspiration from a magical combination of nuts and sand; No 2 also wrote a Mass among many other things, and you have to keep a firm grasp of the helm to find your way among his creations; and there was no stopping No 3 (who was very familiar with No 2's dad) on his way to Hollywood's Walk of Fame.
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I somehow think it is Einstein Mass, maths, and all that and a total veg head

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            I somehow think it is Einstein Mass, maths, and all that and a total veg head
            Not even slightly, Anna, I'm afraid!

Comment

Well, I've been racking my brains, but as Jade Goody memorably said...
              "Who is Heinzstein?"

Comment

Before I attempt to hack a way through the thicket that is your 'E' question, Caliban, I thought you might like to know that, IMHO, tonight's 60-minute episode of Corrie marked a return to form - deffo! - not least because Liz McD is back, spitting ever greater quantities of feathers as she finds out what's happened in her absence.

Comment

Originally posted by OFCACHAP View Post
                  Before I attempt to hack a way through the thicket that is your 'E' question, Caliban, I thought you might like to know that, IMHO, tonight's 60-minute episode of Corrie marked a return to form - deffo! - not least because Liz McD is back, spitting ever greater quantities of feathers as she finds out what's happened in her absence.
                  Noted!

Tell me when you're bored of my convolutions, and I'll chuck in a clue or two.

Comment

...you have to keep a firm grasp of the helm to find your way among his creations;
                    Might this be a veiled reference to Scylla and Charibdis?

Comment

Might this be a veiled reference to Scylla and Charibdis?
                      No, ofca - but one of the words in the phrase you have selected is an unveiled key to No 2 and hence to the rest....

Comment

Scylla and Charibdis
                        Do they figure in the Weatherfield pantheon, too?

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                          Do they figure in the Weatherfield pantheon, too?
                          Yeah they run the kebab stall. (Incidentally, talking of tawdry drama, have you noticed that "Anna Nicole" is being broadcast on BBC4 on Fri 25 March, 21:00 ?)

Not going to have a crack at my E, rubbers?

Comment

Good old Beverley... (By the way, what was the story behind Liz being abroad? I mean I know it was because the actress was on honeymoon etc, but what was the storyline??)

Incidentally how did Chesney get that drop dead gorgeous girlfriend? Presumably he has more than crooked teeth and a ginger mop to offer her...
                            Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 19-03-11, 12:40.

Comment

E-clue time? Or is everyone busy?

Comment

E-clue time? Or is everyone busy?
                                Busy? Well .... we're over halfway in the Scotland v Italy match, then it's Ireland v England, followed by France v Wales. So, overall, no, not really busy!!

Edit: To be honest, even if you posted a clue I think I would still be clueless about this one!!
                                Last edited by Guest; 19-03-11, 17:41.

Comment

Working...
                                X