X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flay
    • Mar 2007

Thanks for the encouragement, but I have to go out. I hope to find this Easily solved on my return late this afternoon
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
      • Mar 2007

Just popped on after my ham sandwich. Still not solved?
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        Just popped on after my ham sandwich. Still not solved?
        No-one else wants to play, Flay

Did my last clue help?

A product bearing the name of the play which takes place in E used to be very popular for dads at this time of year in the days of long ago when smoking was still popular

Comment

• amateur51

Off soon for a snoozle - back here around 17:00

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
            Host
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Right.

The E is a place, a cold place and it figures in a drama that Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky and Walton set incidental music for.
            Ah ha! I'm just back from the first of my two Christmas lunches today!!! Hope no one's seeing double?

I'm not - first lunch was at a Korean restaurant and the strongest thing I had was roasted barley tea

Off in half an hour to the second one - Greek this time! Some retsina will be taken, and maybe a Metaxa or two

So not around all the time but can't resist one of the top of me 'ead ... ghosts, and those three gents... and Hamlet cigars for dad...

Elsinore?
            "...the isle is full of noises,
            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              Ah ha! I'm just back from the first of my two Christmas lunches today!!! Hope no one's seeing double?
              I'm not - first lunch was at a Korean restaurant and the strongest thing I had was roasted barley tea
              Off in half an hour to the second one - Greek this time! Some retsina will be taken, and maybe a Metaxa or two
              What larks in Chancery Pip, what larks! Well, Flay had a ham sandwich, I had a prawn sandwich ... and like the poor urchins that we are would have been outside with our noses pressed against the windowpane whilst Jarndyce & Jarndyce made merry and forgot about the widows and orphans ....
              I spent ages trying to find something in the smoking department! Of course - Hamlet! <doh> My Dad, after Christmas dinner, always smoked a cigar, I should have remembered that. Cigar smoke and the smell of tangerines always brings back Christmas to me. Do you enjoy a cigar or small cheroot Cali?

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                What larks in Chancery Pip, what larks! Well, Flay had a ham sandwich, I had a prawn sandwich ... and like the poor urchins that we are would have been outside with our noses pressed against the windowpane whilst Jarndyce & Jarndyce made merry and forgot about the widows and orphans ....

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                . Cigar smoke and the smell of tangerines always brings back Christmas to me. Do you enjoy a cigar or small cheroot Cali?
                I do enjoy a light cigarette with a coffee now and again, and have been known to suck on a panatella!

Comment

• Flay
                  • Mar 2007

Ah ha! I'm just back from the first of my two Christmas lunches today!!!

So not around all the time but can't resist one of the top of me 'ead ... ghosts, and those three gents... and Hamlet cigars for dad...

Elsinore?
                  Ammy must have slept in. I can hear him Elsinoring

My ham sandwich fell flat. I should have had ham and lettuce. Never mind.

Would you like to Fling in an F afore ye go gallivanting and debauching, Calibs?
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• amateur51

Elsinore?
                    ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTTTAAAYYYYYY ladeezangennelmen!!

Bravo Caliban!

Coleslaw reads : Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky and William Walton, born in the aforementioned locations, all wrote orchestral incidental music based on Shakespeare's Hamlet, based in part in Elsinore in Denmark

If you luncheons will permit, sometime this evening, could you give us an F, svp

Comment

• Flay
                      • Mar 2007

No sooner do I post than Ammy arises from his slumber to Fling in the coleslaw!!
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• amateur51

No sooner do I post than Ammy arises from his slumber to Fling in the coleslaw!!
                        You just never know when I'll strike, Flay - that's been my problem over the years, I can tell you

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Ammy must have slept in. I can hear him Elsinoring

My ham sandwich fell flat. I should have had ham and lettuce. Never mind.

Would you like to Fling in an F afore ye go gallivanting and debauching, Calibs?
                          T'was too late, I had already left to set the table on a roar. All over now.

I shall think about an F now

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Light afternoons? Good!

What's the common F?

Comment

• Flay
                              • Mar 2007

Light afternoons? Good!

What's the common F?

Franz?
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
                                • Mar 2007

I'll save you the effort.... Maybe, but it's not what's on the card...
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X