X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact although he has a Wiki page to himself under his real name, he is not on the Wiki list of composers under either name. I have duly informed them of this serious omission.

He was a noted Belgian Romantic era concert pianist, piano teacher, and composer. (Please somebody Google this last sentence)
    Last edited by Flay; 14-12-12, 14:05.
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      In fact although he has a Wiki page to himself under his real name, he is not on the Wiki list of composers under either name. I have duly informed them of this serious omission.

He was a noted Belgian Romantic era concert pianist, piano teacher, and composer. (Please somebody Google this last sentence)

I'm just gobsmacked that you actually found it to set!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        http://search.conduit.com/Results.as...SearchSource=1

I'm just gobsmacked that you actually found it to set!
        Shower of Roses Schottische, Morning Prayer, Grandpa's Schottische by Jean Louis Gobbaerts

http://www.grainger.de/music/compose...treabbogr.html

Howzzat cloughie?
        Last edited by Flay; 14-12-12, 14:30. Reason: Link added
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

... why didn't I get this? I'm always hummin' the toons of Sioul-Neaj Streabbog...

Comment

Shower of Roses Schottische, Morning Prayer, Grandpa's Schottische by Jean Louis Gobbaerts

Howzzat cloughie?
            I think after that performance you should be asked to follow on!

Talking cricket it's good to see another young Yorkshire cricketer do well for his country.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
              ... why didn't I get this? I'm always hummin' the toons of Sioul-Neaj Streabbog...
              ...you know them so well you can sing them sdawkcab!

Comment

And syawedis!

That was fun, wasn't it?

Wasn't it?

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

And syawedis!
                  That was fun, wasn't it?
                  Wasn't it?
                  The searchable Oxford Dictionary of Music revealed nothing when I inputted Grandpa, nor for Shower of Roses. I've been all round the houses trying to find a composer with a palindromic name which includes a G (Reger is the only one I came up with) (Incidentally, Ste. Therese wrote that she would send down a shower of roses from Heaven)
                  I think this was Flay showing his sadistic side!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    The searchable Oxford Dictionary of Music revealed nothing when I inputted Grandpa, nor for Shower of Roses. I've been all round the houses trying to find a composer with a palindromic name which includes a G (Reger is the only one I came up with) (Incidentally, Ste. Therese wrote that she would send down a shower of roses from Heaven)
                    I think this was Flay showing his sadistic side!!
                    I shall join the Society of the Little Flower forthwith and disown all things alphabetical
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I shall join the Society of the Little Flower forthwith and disown all things alphabetical
                      No need for sackcloth and ashes! But, by 'eck Gladys, you are a hard Task Master!
                      Like cloughie, I wonder how you came upon the gentleman in question in the first place. Have you heard any of his music?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        No need for sackcloth and ashes! But, by 'eck Gladys, you are a hard Task Master!
                        Like cloughie, I wonder how you came upon the gentleman in question in the first place. Have you heard any of his music?
                        No, I stumbled on him only last week while researching another clue, and Wrote It Down. In fact I now have a whole list of potentially useful clues to torment you. So I really MUST join a nunnery to be saved
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

An H to link Fred John and Ilde

Comment

No, I stumbled on him only last week while researching another clue, and Wrote It Down. In fact I now have a whole list of potentially useful clues to torment you. So I really MUST join a nunnery to be saved
                            Ooo-er!! Flay's got a little list, Yes, he's got a little list, He's got 'em on his list!!
                            We are surely quaking in our boots! (as are the Carmelites ..)

Comment

Jean Louis Gobbaerts
                              What the.....?

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                              I think after that performance you should be asked to follow on!

Trickiest puzzle ever?

Just back from lunch

In case you were wondering
                              "...the isle is full of noises,
                              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by flay View Post
                                no, i stumbled on him only last week while researching another clue, and wrote it down. In fact i now have a whole list of potentially useful clues to torment you. So i really must join a nunnery to be saved
                                nurse.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X