X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cripes, I've gone and done it again. She had put the pine nuts in the oven with the buzzer on then went out to walk the dog, apparently intending me to understand what to do when heard, and to take them out when cooked. I missed the buzzer because I was on here...

Now there's a tray of blackened pine nuts!!! No getting out of it this time!

Perhaps I can grind them up and make pine coffee?
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      Cripes, I've gone and done it again. She had put the pine nuts in the oven with the buzzer on then went out to walk the dog, apparently intending me to understand what to do when heard, and to take them out when cooked. I missed the buzzer because I was on here...

Perhaps I can grind them up and make pine coffee?
      You make me laugh Flay with your quasi-calamitous domestics! I know you are Ace in the kitchen and a Paragon of Virtue!! I do hope Mrs. Flay never reads your comments
      The nearest I got to any Catholic Dutch was Louis I am afraid.
      Edit: But then I was not sure they followed the Vicar of Rome and you are obviously looking for one family of composers with surname starting with L so I am completely wrong. Phew! Glad I got that off my chest.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-01-13, 18:36.

Comment

It's going to be a warm evening...

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          You make me laugh Flay with your quasi-calamitous domestics! I know you are Ace in the kitchen and a Paragon of Virtue!! I do hope Mrs. Flay never reads your comments
          The nearest I got to any Catholic Dutch was Louis I am afraid.
          It's OK, she's not back yet and I found some more pine nuts in the back of the cupboard, so they're roasting as I type. <phew>

Another name for the Catholic Netherlands is the Southern Netherlands...
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

It's OK, she's not back yet and I found some more pine nuts in the back of the cupboard, so they're roasting as I type. <phew>

Thosev pine nuts are like gold - but there is a small spectrum of time between nicely toasted and useless charcoal - the othr problem is even if you hide the solids evidence the smell of burning does tend to linger!

On the L are they members of a band who have recorded Live in London?

Comment

Liege or Luxembourg? I remember once, tipping up suddenly in Luxembourg, in a beer tent, eating a Pike and chips. The Pike's teeth were quite frightening in their ferocity. However, I tucked in. The fish was delish.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                there is a small spectrum of time between nicely toasted and useless charcoal
                So I just discovered. The second lot went up almost as badly as the first as I was typing my sad story. Fortunately I had cunningly kept a handful aside just in case. The third lot are perfect!

On the L are they members of a band who have recorded Live in London?
                My L family is Baroque. As I said to Oddball, add about 300 years to the Limbourgs.

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                Liege or Luxembourg? I remember once, tipping up suddenly in Luxembourg, in a beer tent, eating a Pike and chips. The Pike's teeth were quite frightening in their ferocity. However, I tucked in. The fish was delish.
                I've never eaten pike, Anna. They eat each other don't they sometimes?

But it isn't Liege or Luxembourg
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Travel WNW from Liege, (but not as far as the one of the Three Peaks)
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

We need to wrap this up - guests will be round soon and I have a computer curfew coming into action soon...

but not as far as the one of the Three Peaks

(And not Ingleborough not Whernside).

And it involves oboes....
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

And they all composed...
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Travel WNW from Liege, (but not as far as the one of the Three Peaks)
                        Jan Lievens? Leiden - democriet and heracliet painting in london. But cousin?

Comment

OK. One cousin added "of London" to his name to distinguish himself from his cousin who had the same first names. The cousin added "of G..." for the same reasons. The latter city is in East Flanders
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Locke

Comment

Locke
                              Nope
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

The capital of East Flanders - although he spelt it slightly differently, but Google will give both
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X