X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    She's the one.Calibs has a meeting at 5
    Are you His Honour's new personal assistant Flay?

Comment

This thread seems to be littered with non-sequiteurs today - it's hard keeping track at the best of times.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        This thread seems to be littered with non-sequiteurs today - it's hard keeping track at the best of times.
        I don't follow you, cloughie...

Yes mercs, dear Audrey Tautou was born in the Auvergne. She performed in Ibsen's Maison de Poupée in 2010

http://www.arts-spectacles.com/Maiso...-de_a5729.html

and featured in a video of the song "I love your smile" by the English singer Charlie Winston who is popular in France:

Last edited by Flay; 18-01-13, 23:56. Reason: Maison de poupée link changed
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Funny, that video does not show up on my ipad.
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

...and have we had that scalp explained yet?
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Yes mercs, dear Audrey Tautou was born in the Auvergne. She performed in Ibsen's Maison de Poupée in 2010

and featured in a video of the song "I love your smile" by the English singer Charlie Winston who is popular in France:
              Never heard of her, the song or him - hence my lack of response and I don't think any amount of googling would have helped - as for the scalp

Official model mayhem page of ScALp Arts; member since Sep 24,2007 has 25 images, 106 friends on Model Mayhem.

Comment

Never heard of her, the song or him - hence my lack of response and I don't think any amount of googling would have helped - as for the scalp

http://www.modelmayhem.com/525892
                Never mind, cloughie. I shall finish this by telling you (as alluded to in mercs' post #29906) that I was looking for Le Scalp!!! which is a piano piece by Emmanuel Chabrier, who hails from the Auvergne:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...anuel_Chabrier

Who's for a B?
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Le Scalp!!! which is a piano piece by Emmanuel Chabrier, who hails from the Auvergne
                  yeah, said that in #29920

I could set a B in a few minutes

Comment

B connecting the composers of

- an orchestral moneylender
                    - an orchestral evening on the stubble fields
                    - evangelical poems in the organ loft

words in italics [except moneylender] will need translation

Comment

Not so fast, Odders! I was thinking of Xian Xinghai!

Please don't be disheartened, that was fine. It has us scurrying around, looking things up, entertained.

That's what it's all about on AA! The point is that if we don't know then we ask questions, and eventually it's solved.

So here's to your next clue, and many more to come!
                      Many thanks for kind words of encouragement. I have concluded that man cannot live by Google alone, and that I'm better off listening to Classical music, rather than googling it.

However, listening to the concert last night, it appears that the time of the Chinese composer may have arrived, and a Y clue might have been better - Raymond Yiu!. There's certainly plenty of Qs, Xs, Ys and Zs over there.

For the record, the connection between English Baroque was Oedipus - music composed by Purcell, and various operas of 20th century.

Anyhow, I will keep a low profile for the time being!

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                        B connecting the composers of

- an orchestral moneylender
                        - an orchestral evening on the stubble fields
                        - evangelical poems in the organ loft

words in italics [except moneylender] will need translation
                        A Borrowed Din(ar) perhaps

Comment

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
                          I'm better off listening to Classical music, rather than googling it.
                          yes, I'm sure I would be too

Comment

A Borrowed Din(ar) perhaps

fraid that one's lost on me, Mr cluff

feel free to explain
                            Last edited by mercia; 19-01-13, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
                              Many thanks for kind words of encouragement. I have concluded that man cannot live by Google alone, and that I'm better off listening to Classical music, rather than googling it.

Anyhow, I will keep a low profile for the time being!
                              It is possible to listen to music and Google at the same time. One of the joys of AA is in finding the random and unexpected - it can be educational as well as entertaining. Please stick around, Oddball!

Soir sur les chaumes = Guy Ropartz, but then the trail runs froid.
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Soir sur les chaumes = Guy Ropartz

given the direction of the A question, perhaps we should know what we're looking for now

Comment

Working...
                                X