X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
    While you're thinking ...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

You're a fat lot of good!!

(Did the pint follow a Friday freebie at the old RAM? )
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

purely from a mathematical point of view

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      92% 20th century Hungarian.
      I would say it has to be either Kurtag or Ligeti - no-one else fits as far as I can see

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

You're a fat lot of good!!

(Did the pint follow a Friday freebie at the old RAM? )
        It most soitenly did!

Today was percussion

I think I may have suffered a fall of soot as a result

An account & observations may well follow, after I've had a snoozle

Comment

Well this is a barrel of laughs......

But Fernyhoughgeliebte, I'm shocked you mention Kurtág (yeah ), but omit well....., well...... was he a Fata Morgana? an Apparition to us all?

Ah mercia - crossposting - yes pursue that

Comment

I was looking for a 19th/20th C percentage split. 20th/21st never occurred to me

Hasn't Ferney now given the A?

Ligeti's "Aventures" & companion piece "Nouvelles Aventures" presumably constitute the Hungarian element....?

Comment

I was looking for a 19th/20th C percentage split. 20th/21st never occurred to me

Hasn't Ferney now given the A?

Ligeti's "Aventures" & companion piece "Nouvelles Aventures" presumably constitute the Hungarian element....?
              Absolutely! Now translate Aventures into English and you'll be on your way (just google a bit with the A and dentists )

Comment

Just to explain my mysterious post Caliban, This website seems a bit "sticky" in that it does not update as frequently as it ought. I was very pleased with myself at working out the answer to hedgehog's clue, posted the answer, then saw that the gang had already killed and devoured the beast, just leaving nothing but dry bones.

Then I could not withdraw the post, so just stated "cancelled".

Comment

Originally posted by Oddball View Post
                  Just to explain my mysterious post Caliban, This website seems a bit "sticky" in that it does not update as frequently as it ought. I was very pleased with myself at working out the answer to hedgehog's clue, posted the answer, then saw that the gang had already killed and devoured the beast, just leaving nothing but dry bones.

Then I could not withdraw the post, so just stated "cancelled".
                  Oh how strange... Cross-posting can be a dilemma.

In fact you can delete a post, Odders - click on 'Edit' and you will see a 'Delete' button - then you have to repeat the command by putting a dot in the relevant circle, and clicking on 'Delete Post'

Comment

well done caliban

I therefore offer Alfred Schnittke's Adventures of a Dentist film soundtrack

Comment

Yes mercia! The 3rd shoudn't be too difficult now surely?

Oddball: glad to see you're still around, so please don't just delete, I for one like to know that there are a few others out there, I'm often just about to write an answer to find that somebody else had posted first, for whatever reason1

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                        well done caliban

I therefore offer Alfred Schnittke's Adventures of a Dentist film soundtrack
                        Nice one mercs.... I googled for 5 minutes solid without finding that....

Nursery and Adventures only give me addresses for kindergartens... You'll get me arrested, hedgy!!

Comment

I came to the puzzle late, I was thinking Ligeti's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (which he thought about but didn't do, obviously) but found no dentistry therein (although Ravens and writing desks could yield some good lines) Funny how different minds work differently, innit?

Comment

?????? probably not

Comment

Nice one mercs.... I googled for 5 minutes solid without finding that....

Nursery and Adventures only give me addresses for kindergartens... You'll get me arrested, hedgy!!
                              I thought I'd posted, but it didn't come up!

Oh Dear caliban, I assure you I wasn't soliciting!

Pram is short for ? Try that with Adventures.

The composer is obscure, though in his time well known it seems. Interesting that...

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                Funny how different minds work differently, innit?
                                Exactly! Hence really good to have new minds like Hoggers and Odders around.

Are you feeling better, Anna?

Comment

Working...
                                X