X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tapiola
    • Jan 2011

Ah, yes, one always remembers one's Xs

Now for P (perhaps not that fiendish nor obscure, but the sun has compromised my constructing abilities). 3 elements to this one:

An infamous 1961 event, an infamous Pink Floyd gig and famous possessors of evil spirits. What is the P in common?

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
      Ah, yes, one always remembers one's Xs

Now for P (perhaps not that fiendish nor obscure, but the sun has compromised my constructing abilities). 3 elements to this one:

An infamous 1961 event, an infamous Pink Floyd gig and famous possessors of evil spirits. What is the P in common?
      Pigs?

I think that took me 5 secs - after I had refreshed the screen and read the question!

1961 Bay of Pigs
      Pink Floyd Battersea power station and the escaped inflatable
      The Gadarene swine tumbling off the cliff

EDIT: ...and crashing into the sea of Q. I should have seen that coming...!
      Last edited by Guest; 24-03-11, 16:24.

Comment

• Tapiola
        • Jan 2011

Could rubbers have solved this in 14 minutes?

We shall see...

Vous expliquer, monsieur?

EDIT

Ah cross-posting. And yes, rubbernecker. Congratulations on your lightning responses. The gig was one in Louisiana in 1977 where the swine escaped its tethers and hit a fan on the head; the more well-known story of the escaped pig at Battersea was apparently during a photo shoot.

Cue Q...
        Last edited by Tapiola; 24-03-11, 16:31.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
          Not being nosy at all, Anna. Actually, since you mentioned you had to do some work, I wondered what that was. I also wondered, more nosily, who was the lucky recipient of all your delicious-sounding cuisine - glazed welsh lamb and exotic curries don't smack of your average singleton's TV dinner??
          rubbra, I may be a singleton (how can this be I hear you cry!) but that does not stop me from a) being a bit of a foodie and an exceptionally talented cook and b) having some friends who enjoy sharing the fruits of my labours!! Actually the nearest I ever get to a tv dinner is an occasional pizza.

Comment

• Tapiola
            • Jan 2011

Re-post...

Ah cross-posting. And yes, rubbernecker. Congratulations on your lightning responses. The gig was one in Louisiana in 1977 where the swine escaped its tethers and hit a fan on the head; the more well-known story of the escaped pig at Battersea was apparently during a photo shoot.

Cue Q...

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post

The gig was one in Louisiana in 1977 where the swine escaped its tethers and hit a fan on the head; the more well-known story of the escaped pig at Battersea was apparently during a photo shoot.

Cue Q...
              Damn, if only I'd had my trusty Nick Mason book to check that fact... still can't recall who I lent it to...

You're not going to let me pass on Q are you? Thought not...

Comment

• Anna

You're not going to let me pass on Q are you? Thought not...
                Well rubbra, I bravely set the last Q so, don't flinch and grasp the nettle!!

Comment

• Tapiola
                  • Jan 2011

I'm feeling benevolent today Mr R, so it's up to you.

My son's favourite joke at the minute:

Q. What's a pirate's favourite letter?
                  A. RRRRRRRRRR!

Comment

• rubbernecker

No, I shall do as Mistress Anna commands and grasp the nettle. Will you be able to grasp this, I wonder?

What Q is linked to an annual music prize, the third planet and a living presence?

Comment

• antongould
                      • Nov 2010

Is Mercury a far too obvious connection?

Comment

• Anna

What Q is linked to an annual music prize, the third planet and a living presence?
                        Well, the annual music prize is Mercury, a.k.a Quicksilver, the third planet from the sun is Earth and Mercury is three times away from us and a living presence is Mercury Records 'Living Presence' ?

Did anyone like Third Rock from the Sun btw? I thought it was brilliant. Anyway, is the answer Quicksilver?

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Sort of like me but I had Mercury as the 3rd of Holst and to show how thick people who keep coal in the bath can be, my link from Mercury to Q was via Freddie to HRH!

Comment

• Tapiola
                            • Jan 2011

Very cunning, anton.

Very cunning, Anna.

And very cunning, rubbernecker - "third" planet equalling 33.3%.

Funnily enough, I have just finished reading about Mercury in my laborious journey through Dante's Paradiso.

Looking very much like Quicksilver Thursday from the rate of responses.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              Sort of like me but I had Mercury as the 3rd of Holst and to show how thick people who keep coal in the bath can be, my link from Mercury to Q was via Freddie to HRH!
                              anton, I am sure mine is all wrong and I vowed not to join in anymore puzzles. I just couldn't help myself. Can I get help for this? Yours is obviously correct! How is Barcelona btw?

Comment

• antongould
                                • Nov 2010

Absolutely beautiful 22 degrees and not a cloud on the beach. Plus the bath in our hotel doesn't have coal in! Enjoy your break from this madness - we shall miss you.

Comment

Working...
                                X