• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Are we talking the Steve O'Connor who had a minor role in the classic Amy's Orgasm?
    Another... ahem... ah!... Status Quo classic, Mr Gould?
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      Are we talking the Steve O'Connor who had a minor role in the classic Amy's Orgasm?
      I am pretty confident in saying 'No' !

Comment

• mercia
        • Nov 2010

the only Steve O'C that wikipedia knows is some Aussie footballer - does your Steve go by any other name ? I'm sort of assuming that Mark's orchestra is the Halle. no idea who Michael is. (Jackson ???)

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          the only Steve O'C that wikipedia knows is some Aussie footballer - does your Steve go by any other name ? I'm sort of assuming that Mark's orchestra is the Halle. no idea who Michael is. (Jackson ???)
          Steve is a singer. And no, it's not Mark Elder...this orchestra is 40 years old. Michael had an early Grammy (and not Jackson)

Comment

• Resurrection Man

It is a jazz orchestra. Michael was one of the youngest ever to win a Grammy.

Comment

• mercia
              • Nov 2010

before your last clue I did actually find the Aardvark Jazz Orchestra, founded in 1973 by Mark Harvey

Comment

• Resurrection Man

before your last clue I did actually find the Aardvark Jazz Orchestra, founded in 1973 by Mark Harvey
                Well done....just the other two now

Comment

• mercia
                  • Nov 2010

I've found a Steve O'Connor album called Roll the Dice on Aardvark Records

Comment

• Resurrection Man

I've found a Steve O'Connor album called Roll the Dice on Aardvark Records

Comment

• mercia
                      • Nov 2010

....... and at 17 years old, trumpet player Michael Leonhart became the youngest Grammy recipient "to date" for outstanding US high school musician - is that a Grammy category ? I presume it is. In 1995 he made a disc (album?) called Aardvark Poses

I guess all these people chose the name Aardvark to be at the top of lists or telephone directories etc. - isn't that the idea ?

I'm afraid all these musicians have passed me by, but I do like an aardvark

.....and hedgehogs of course

Comment

• Resurrection Man

Well done, mercs. I rather like aardvark as well. Over to you for a Brilliantly Baffling ​B

Comment

• amateur51

I'm afraid all these musicians have passed me by, but I do like an aardvark

.....and hedgehogs of course
                          In Islington in the 1970s there was a lesbian & gay housing co-operative called Paranoid Aardvark

Comment

• amateur51

This rather splendid creature is a tamandua, an ant-eater like an aardvark but a different species. It has golden fur with those distinct dark bands too.There's at least one in London Zoo.

Why Evolution is True is a blog written by Jerry Coyne, centered on evolution and biology but also dealing with diverse topics like politics, culture, and cats.

That should give RM time to think up a puzzle for t=tamandua

Comment

• mercia
                              • Nov 2010

in this Baroque spring

which B has given us The Four Seasons, Daphnis & Chloe and Kindnesses

Comment

• amateur51

in this Baroque spring

which B has given us The Four Seasons, Daphnis & Chloe and Kindnesses
                                That'll be Joseph Bodin de Boismortier

Joseph Bodin de Boismortier is his name

Comment

Working...
                                X