X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hedgehog

Originally posted by Flay View Post
    I'll keep quiet about the rest
    So you mean though 'tis the morn, you're going to sleep on it?

Comment

• Flay
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
      So you mean though 'tis the morn, you're going to sleep on it?
      I wish I could! No, there is another W that will do for a later AA. I'll let the insomniac mercia finish off this W
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
        • Mar 2007

OK I'll try to finish it.

The Lyke Wake Walk is funerial - but Barber set Nuvolette to excerpts from James Joyce’s Finnegan’s Wake (someone on the internet tells us it is where the daughter Nuvoletta-Isabel-Issy plays a death scene). I wouldn't know.

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• hedgehog

OK I'll try to finish it.

The Lyke Wake Walk is funerial - but Barber set Nuvolette to excerpts from James Joyce’s Finnegan’s Wake (someone on the internet tells us it is where the daughter Nuvoletta-Isabel-Issy plays a death scene). I wouldn't know.

Ah a man with a conscience! Barber is correct. No to Lyke-Wake ( that's not a W) It's Wake......and die. Easy enough!

Comment

• Flay
            • Mar 2007

It's Wake......and die. Easy enough!

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
              • Mar 2007

Not than one fortunately, but this:

John Tavener: Wake Up ... And Die

Last edited by Flay; 03-05-13, 12:21. Reason: Sound clip added to preserve erudition
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• hedgehog

That's the one! Good sleuthing

The choice is yours X Y Z A !

Comment

• Flay
                  • Mar 2007

That's the one! Good sleuthing

The choice is yours X Y Z A !
                  Oh gosh. Let's have three Zs please. The military men, all must pass, one who framed more than 600 English works.
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Flay
                    • Mar 2007

Well the clues seemed simple enough when I set them. However at the time I was still podged out from last night's meal. We went with friends to an Italian restaurant near Barnsley. The portions were enormous!

We attracted some odd looks, I suspect because our womenfolk were not tattooed (every other person in the restaurant displayed multiple patterns and designs )

The military men would not generally fly nor sail. The English works were all by the same person.
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Anna

We attracted some odd looks
                      Only to be expected I guess! Hello Flay, long time and all the usual. Are you enjoying your retirement, I imagine you, in this sunny weather, gently rocking in a hammock with a G&T whilst reading Milton's Paradise Lost.
                      Not really playing, your 600 could be Mozart, Schubert or, perhaps Purcell? Just don't like no-one replying to you, so I did, out of the kindness of my heart.

Comment

• amateur51

Well the clues seemed simple enough when I set them. However at the time I was still podged out from last night's meal. We went with friends to an Italian restaurant near Barnsley. The portions were enormous!

We attracted some odd looks, I suspect because our womenfolk were not tattooed (every other person in the restaurant displayed multiple patterns and designs )

The military men would not generally fly nor sail. The English works were all by the same person.
                        And there was me, hoping for a clue

So what sort of noggins caused you to be so podged, Flay?

Comment

• Flay
                          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          Only to be expected I guess! Hello Flay, long time and all the usual. Are you enjoying your retirement, I imagine you, in this sunny weather, gently rocking in a hammock with a G&T whilst reading Milton's Paradise Lost.
                          Hello I've been really busy trying to sort everything out - no rest just yet. And Mrs Flay thinks I should be looking for locum jobs..

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          Not really playing, your 600 could be Mozart, Schubert or, perhaps Purcell? Just don't like no-one replying to you, so I did, out of the kindness of my heart.
                          Did I not say English? So that narrows your list down...
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

We attracted some odd looks, I suspect because our womenfolk were not tattooed

Glad you made it out alive from the Barnsley badlands!

Just popping by, we're about to go to Iron Man 3

(Enjoying Dr Who for once, Anna! Great writing from Mark Gatiss His are the only ones I can get on with... 'League of Gentlemen' Royston Vasey - style meets 'steam punk'... We'll have to watch the end back home later!!)
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Flay
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

(Enjoying Dr Who for once,
                              And Jenna-Louise Coleman is yummy!
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Just popping by, we're about to go to Iron Man 3
                                (Enjoying Dr Who for once, Anna! Great writing from Mark Gatiss His are the only ones I can get on with... 'League of Gentlemen' Royston Vasey - style meets 'steam punk'... We'll have to watch the end back home later!!)
                                Iron Man 3? As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
                                I thought Dr. Who was dreadful, I think I've finally grown out of it.....

Dear Flay, I have to go now, they're not all English are they? Oh well, someone will be along shortly with the answer, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X