X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    I've never seen the film!

Getting very close to bedtime: Anna got the answer (Henryk Wienawski), but has since gone quiet feeding Basil with fritters. Anyone care to supply the coleslaw and provide an X, Y, Z or A?
    This won't do. Just because the sun is shining, AA goes quiet. Well I am going away to The Rockies tomorrow and might not be able to associate. So my penance is to provide the coleslaw and the next letter which must be an A as I am packing!

Henryk Wieniawski:

His L'École moderne: 10 Études-caprices "is a very well known work for aspiring violinists."

At the invitation of Anton Rubinstein, Wieniawski moved to St. Petersburg, where he lived from 1860 to 1872, taught many violin students, and led the Russian Musical Society's orchestra and string quartet. From 1872 to 1874, Wieniawski toured the United States with Rubinstein.

When his engagement to Isabella Hampton was opposed by her parents, Wieniawski wrote Légende, Op. 17; this work helped his parents change their mind, and the couple married in 1860.

Now here is my A: Stig was close to the edge praying for his viola
    Last edited by Flay; 03-06-13, 17:02. Reason: Added a "w" to now. It helps... :o(
    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

You are being rather vague, Flay. Are all the As the same?
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        You are being rather vague, Flay. Are all the As the same?
        good question - I wish I'd asked that

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          good question - I wish I'd asked that

Comment

Well yes, really. Although for the spelling of one you need to wander through the fog to the nether lands
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Well yes, really. Although for the spelling of one you need to wander through the fog to the nether lands
              Lordy, can someone nick Flay's Berlitz dictionary away from him so he's confined to English please?

How long are you in the Rockies, Flay?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                How long are you in the Rockies, Flay?
                Just over 2 weeks. At Heathrow now. Flying to Vancouver then doing the Jasper Banff circuit.

Only going so when I get the chance I can throw Mrs Flay to the grizzlies
                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Stig was close to the edge praying for his viola
                  ... not, on a Third Programme thread, we hope, David Howell Evans...

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                    ... not, on a Third Programme thread, we hope, David Howell Evans...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Edge
                    No, but getting close... As I haven't much time on my free broadband let me post it again with commas:

: Stig was, close to the edge, praying for his viola[/QUOTE]
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Just over 2 weeks. At Heathrow now. Flying to Vancouver then doing the Jasper Banff circuit.

Only going so when I get the chance I can throw Mrs Flay to the grizzlies
                      What on earth have the grizzlies ever done to you?

Comment

Close to the Edge is, apparently, the name of a cave in the Canadian Rockies

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          What on earth have the grizzlies ever done to you?
                          Good point. Poor Grizzlies.

I'll seek out that cave, mercs. But my A is progressively rocky
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Close to the Edge by Yes (former member Jon Anderson)

?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                              Close to the Edge by Yes (former member Jon Anderson)
                              yes, Yes, YES!
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Has the fogh cleared? Does it Ring true?
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X