X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

me again ?

an O to connect

a Seventh Day Adventist, a performance of Beethoven op. 57 for Lenin, and a double first for the Karajan conducting competition

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
      me again ?

an O to connect

a Seventh Day Adventist, a performance of Beethoven op. 57 for Lenin, and a double first for the Karajan conducting competition
      Possibly the 10th month features here...?
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
        Possibly the 10th month features here...?
        not that I'm aware ??????

Comment

not that I'm aware ??????
          Not October then? (Brandon October, October Revolution, and another that I found then lost...)
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Not October then? (Brandon October, October Revolution, and another that I found then lost...)
            sorry, ingeneous but not on the card - my three clues are to three men - linked by profession to O

that's a very specific performance of the Beethoven by one of the three men - what name does op. 57 go by ?

Comment

sorry, ingeneous but not on the card - my three clues are to three men - linked by profession to O

that's a very specific performance of the Beethoven by one of the three men - what name does op. 57 go by ?
              Appassionata of course. But I cannot yet find a reference to the exact tearful performance for Lenin
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

"double first" may be misleading - all I mean is the first-prize winner of the first competition

Comment

I shall have to abandon you soon. All answers in wikipedia I'm afraid - if you put 'Appassionata Lenin' into the search box, a certain individual will be near the top of the list

EDIT - three conductors, O is a city. Good night

Comment

The Oslo Phil

Issay Dobrowen (conducted 1928–31) who played the Appassionata for Lenin.
                    Herbert Blomstedt (conducted 1962-1968) who does not rehearse on Saturdays due to his Adventist faith.
                    Okko Kamu (conducted 1975-1979) won the first Herbert von Karajan Conducting Competition in Berlin in 1969

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

not a very interesting question. We've probably done every O under the sun many times over.

perfection to follow .........................

Comment

not a very interesting question. We've probably done every O under the sun many times over.

perfection to follow .........................
                        I disagree, your question provided me with an opportunity for research and learning.

Please find me a P who links Lazio, Adelaide and Orlando.
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Please find me a P who links Lazio, Adelaide and Orlando.
                          This is a shot from outside the Lazio penalty area, flay, because I suspect that this question is way beyond my comfort zone. Is the answer, per favore, Psy,the Gangnam leader who has performed in Orlando (USA), Adelaide (SA) and in the Stadio Olimpico, home to Lazio & Roma?

Comment

many moons ago we had a question involving the Adelaide Concerto, but that's probably irrelevant
                            is Palestrina near Lazio ? don't know

anything to do with any past conductors of the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra ?
                            anything to do with the famous cricketer H W Henze ?

Comment

Originally posted by edashtav View Post
                              This is a shot from outside the Lazio penalty area, flay, because I suspect that this question is way beyond my comfort zone. Is the answer, per favore, Psy,the Gangnam leader who has performed in Orlando (USA), Adelaide (SA) and in the Stadio Olimpico, home to Lazio & Roma?
                              Poor Ed, please don't Psy. Even I wouldn't inflict Gangnam on AA. I can assure you that the answer will be well within your comfort zone.

And no, mercs, nice tries anyway.

Why just cities? Keep trying.
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

so people named Lazio, Adelaide and Orlando

wiki says there was an opera singer named Adelaide Phillips (but Orlando Phillips was a basketball player )

Comment

Working...
                                X