This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    Tatiana Troyanos played the role of Isabella in Phil Glass's opera The Voyage.
    keep snuffling, hedgey

Comment

Elvira Colonnese as Queen Isabella in this:

Delia Reinhardt, hmm haven't been able to sniff out that Isabella yet, maybe someone else can?

Edit: Got it, she premiered the role of Isabella in Milhaud's Christopher Columbus.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
        keep snuffling, hedgey
        She's good, I say, she's right good!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Elvira Colonnese as Queen Isabella in this:

Delia Reinhardt, hmm haven't been able to sniff out that Isabella yet, maybe someone else can?

Edit: Got it, she premiered the role of Isabella in Milhaud's Christopher Columbus.

werry werry good - have a virtual saucer of milk ............... and the J

Comment

werry werry good - have a virtual saucer of milk ............... and the J
            Milk is not good for hedgehogs I've been told! I don't think there are any statistics on wine however

A man, a maid, and a Cuban dance are all what J?

To help things along:
            The J is an English word so translations from Czech, Spanish and Russian will be needed.

Comment

Milk is not good for hedgehogs I've been told! I don't think there are any statistics on wine however

To help things along:
              The J is an English word so translations from Czech, Spanish and Russian will be needed.
              Unusual notion of help.

I have some urgent knitting to attend to

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                Unusual notion of help.

I have some urgent knitting to attend to
                Well it limits the composers quite a bit.....

Ok: A man in a chorus, a maid in a song, and a Cuban dance are all what J?

nr 1 Czech composer
                nr 2 Russian composer
                nr 3 Cuban composer
                Last edited by Guest; 17-01-14, 15:01.

Comment

so J is some English word, which when translated into Czech, Russian and Spanish features in the names of works concerning respectively a man, a maid and a dance by respectively Czech, Russian and Cuban composers

should I translate 'man in chorus' into Czech, 'maid song' into Russian, 'Cuban dance' into Spanish ?

[the surname of the man who invented the cha-cha-cha happens to begin with J but I guess that is completely irrelevant]

Comment

so J is some English word, which when translated into Czech, Russian and Spanish features in the names of works concerning respectively a man, a maid and a dance by respectively Czech, Russian and Cuban composers
                    yes, but it should most often appear in English anyway.

should I translate 'man in chorus' into Czech, 'maid song' into Russian, 'Cuban dance' into Spanish ?
                    No.

[the surname of the man who invented the cha-cha-cha happens to begin with J but I guess that is completely irrelevant]
                    It is. The dance is one of a number of Cuban Dances, by a cuban composer.

Comment

should I translate 'Cuban dance' into Spanish ?
                      Correction: translating Cuban Dances will help you.

Comment

Danzas cubanos
                        Bailes cubanos

Comment

Danzas cubanos
                          Nearly. Spanish is similar to Italian with respect to adjectives & their endings....

Comment

Milk is not good for hedgehogs I've been told!
                            No - it causes dreadful diar ... diohrrh ... dhia ... It gives them the shits. (As does cream with cats - so never put a cat in your scone.

To help things along:
                            Ok: A man in a chorus, a maid in a song, and a Cuban dance are all what J?

nr 1 Czech composer
                            nr 2 Russian composer
                            nr 3 Cuban composer
                            If I understand correctly, we're looking for a word like "jolly" which features in the "czap vollissche" chorus in Smetacek's cantata "Mein elde papa ist ein Mülleimer Mann", the "веселый девушка" folksong from the Ukraine arranged by Ami Amievich Calibansky, and Heitor Aston-Villa's "danza alegre" from the "400 Piano Pieces" Op 98234?
                            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                              No - it causes dreadful diar ... diohrrh ... dhia ... It gives them the shits. (As does cream with cats - so never put a cat in your scone.

If I understand correctly, we're looking for a word like "jolly" which features in the "czap vollissche" chorus in Smetacek's cantata "Mein elde papa ist ein Mülleimer Mann", the "веселый девушка" folksong from the Ukraine arranged by Ami Amievich Calibansky, and Heitor Aston-Villa's "danza alegre" from the "400 Piano Pieces" Op 98234?
                              YESSSSSS Milk is bad fhg, but what are you on Janecin, shostakinsky & a Cuban Don Quixote somewhat closer.

Comment

Ignacio Cervantes and his Six Cuban Dances from 1899, perchance?
                                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Working...
                                X