X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be Fair we probably need some more Yorkshire coastal coleslaw .....

Comment

the music to the '68 film of the Charge is by John Addison but I don't see a Yorkshire connection there

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
        the music to the '68 film of the Charge is by John Addison but I don't see a Yorkshire connection there
        'tis a song we are looking for in fact both clues are songs....

Comment

I see. ? "Trooper"/Iron Maiden/ - apparently there's an "Iron Maiden" traction engine in the 'Scarborough Fair Collection' - that seems rather convoluted, have I gone off track ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough_Fair_(ballad) - Simon & Garfunkel

Comment

I see. ? "Trooper"/Iron Maiden/ - apparently there's an "Iron Maiden" traction engine in the 'Scarborough Fair Collection' - that seems rather convoluted, have I gone off track ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough_Fair_(ballad) - Simon & Garfunkel
            Slightly - you have S&G now you want another composer from Scarborough .....

Comment

Edward Naylor

Comment

Edward Naylor
                That's the Charger man

If anyone ever deserved a cup of T........

Comment

T please to connect

Miss Kalish, Janacek translations, an on-stage funeral

Comment

T please to connect

Miss Kalish, Janacek translations, an on-stage funeral
                    Aha, this must be a bushTucker trial...
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Sophie Tucker (January 13, 1887 – February 9, 1966) was a Russian-born American singer, comedian, actress, and radio personality. Known for her stentorian delivery of comical and risqué songs, she was one of the most popular entertainers in America during the first half of the 20th century. She was widely known by the nickname "The Last of the Red Hot Mamas." Née Sonya Kalish

Norman Walter Gwynn Tucker translated Katya Kabanova, The Cunning Little Vixen and The Makropulos Affair for their Sadler’s Wells premieres.

Richard Tucker, tenor, is the only person whose funeral has been held on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera.
                      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                        Aha, this must be a bushTucker trial...
                        g'day cobber

Comment

Sophie Tucker (January 13, 1887 – February 9, 1966) was a Russian-born American singer, comedian, actress, and radio personality. Known for her stentorian delivery of comical and risqué songs, she was one of the most popular entertainers in America during the first half of the 20th century. She was widely known by the nickname "The Last of the Red Hot Mamas." Née Sonya Kalish

Norman Walter Gwynn Tucker translated Katya Kabanova, The Cunning Little Vixen and The Makropulos Affair for their Sadler’s Wells premieres.

Richard Tucker, tenor, is the only person whose funeral has been held on the stage of the Metropolitan Opera.
                          beautifully slawed

Comment

beautifully slawed

A U please: In handling Apollo’s bow, Alexander spent 28 years finishing Alexander’s mystery, but I’ve another unfinished.
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

I think it was Billy Cotton who many years ago on Housewives' Choice who unfortunately spoonerised 'Sophie Tucker fans' on air - and reputedly later said that he didn't think anybody noticed. Maybe it was his Wakey wakey up call!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                                his Wakey wakey up call!
                                Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X