X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've now moved on to Consorts of our Royal family but fear that the will be a near miss, too.

Comment

Originally posted by edashtav View Post
      I've now moved on to Consorts of our Royal family but fear that the will be a near miss, too.
      Wrong country. You need to move East.

Comment

Hilarion Alfeyev has composed all three.
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post

Well done. What will you be offering us next?

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post

What will you be offering us next?
            The singer's curse must B: a Stabat Mater, at least three Salve Reginas, and quite a few Ave Marias.
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Quick work, flay, Alfeyev is a name new to me.

I see from your link:
              Late in 2010, Alfeyev spoke to senior Anglican bishops and professors at the Nikean Club dinner at Lambeth Palace,[11] criticizing proposals for the ordination of women bishops and the alleged toleration of homosexual activity by some Anglicans.

Yes, definitely Hilarion rather than Hilarious.

Comment

The singer's curse must B: a Stabat Mater, at least three Salve Reginas, and quite a few Ave Marias.
                All written for a Bishop who loved Salve Service?

Comment

All written for a Bishop who loved Salve Service?
                  No, but all written by a B
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Quick work, flay, Alfeyev is a name new to me.
                    Very much a part-time composer. He took up composing again 20 years after graduating from the Moscow Conservatoire in order to fill in time while waiting at airports on his way to his frequent theological lecturing and conference engagements.

Comment

No, but all written by a B
                      Just a punt... when I went to Lucca, it was proud of its favourite son: Luigi Boccherini who never wrote one (5-tet?) when he could compose 50. I remember that he produced "masses" of religious pieces in his youth.

Comment

Just a punt... when I went to Lucca, it was proud of its favourite son: Luigi Boccherini who never wrote one (5-tet?) when he could compose 50. I remember that he produced "masses" of religious pieces in his youth.
                        Nice try. Correct nationality, but a good 100 years too early
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

And also from Tuscany!
                          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

And also from Tuscany!
                            But... it's the singer not the songsmith, I think

Well... your list sounds like a suitable "mix" for a CD of sacred arias by a Tuscan tenor cursed with congenital glaucoma, the type of chap who could sell millions of Hail Mary's to followers of Richard Dawkins.

Comment

No, it's a composer. Hopefully you'll find him from the approximate date and location. And no, not the terrible tenor

Talking about congenital glaucoma, I once examined an infant who had lovely big eyes. I was about to compliment the mother about his beautiful eyes, then the penny dropped... It was indeed congenital glaucoma leading to a rapid referral!
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Talking about congenital glaucoma, I once examined an infant who had lovely big eyes. I was about to compliment the mother about his beautiful eyes, then the penny dropped... It was indeed congenital glaucoma leading to a rapid referral!
                                Well done, flay; I hope the outcome was a happy one.

Oh dear, I'm presently derailled in Tuscany but I can think of of worse places to wander looking for a B-signpost

Comment

Working...
                                X