X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Distractor,Hedgie, but,sadly, no help.

Comment

D isn't a personal name but is more generic.

Comment

David?

Comment

I believe the Klemperer premiere is a work by Zemlinsky

Comment

Starts well,Cloughie, but that's a given, and David is the right length, otherwise off-beam, I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
              I believe the Klemperer premiere is a work by Zemlinsky
              Yes, you're right, mercs.

I need to go shopping but I suspect you'll have finished before my return.

Comment

I shall be out of contact soon until tomorrow - reason: popping to Jansons Bruckner at the Barbican.

Comment

Hope you enjoyed the Bruckner ......possibly scoring the open goal created by mercs ....are we talking little persons?

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                    Hope you enjoyed the Bruckner ......possibly scoring the open goal created by mercs ....are we talking little persons?
                    The Bruckner ended in tremendous fashion and the Haydn Cello Concerto was a little sizzler, Anton.

Yes, we're talking wee folk - can you provide some specifics, I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by edashtav View Post
                      The Bruckner ended in tremendous fashion and the Haydn Cello Concerto was a little sizzler, Anton.

Yes, we're talking wee folk - can you provide some specifics, I wonder?
                      Very quickly and far from fully as I am as ever on a Saturday dashing .....the Zemlinsky piece mercs mentioned and from the same Wiki page a Schubert song both of the German dwarf variety......will be more detailed when I return but don't wait for me.......P.S. I am nowhere on the 3rd leg....

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        Very quickly and far from fully as I am as ever on a Saturday dashing .....the Zemlinsky piece mercs mentioned and from the same Wiki page a Schubert song both of the German dwarf variety......will be more detailed when I return but don't wait for me.......P.S. I am nowhere on the 3rd leg....
                        The third leg has lots of legs and is more litererary than musical.

I'm off to more Bruckner with Jansons at the Barbican after lunch.

Comment

The third leg has lots of legs and is more litererary than musical.

I'm off to more Bruckner with Jansons at the Barbican after lunch.
                          Beats Fenwicks rather easily I would say

Comment

Der Zwerg Schubert song in which the Dwarf strangles the Queen with a silk scarf......

Also a Zemlinsky one act opera of the same name written at the end of his relationship with Alma Mahler?...still struggling with t'other

Comment

Yes, there are three characters to be depicted in theSchubert song - hence the three voice and you're right the Dwarf kills the Queen with, I think, a red scarf.

Alma Mahler included composin manongst her talents. She implied that Zemlinsky was small & unlovely.

As for the third part, the broken consort containstiny players of clarinets and two others who play the viol.

Comment

Yes, there are three characters to be depicted in theSchubert song - hence the three voice and you're right the Dwarf kills the Queen with, I think, a red scarf.

Alma Mahler included composin manongst her talents. She implied that Zemlinsky was small & unlovely.

As for the third part, the broken consort containstiny players of clarinets and two others who play the viol.
                                Members of Thorin's company of dwarves in The Hobbit ???

Comment

Working...
                                X