This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norfolk Born

Did this 'come out' (boom! boom!) in one of yesterday's episodes? I've recorded, but haven't watched, them yet. In any event, I'd already rumbled him, as a similar story line was used in a recent repeat of a 'Midsomer Murders' that the lady wife persusaded me to watch with her.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
      Did this 'come out' (boom! boom!) in one of yesterday's episodes? I've recorded, but haven't watched, them yet. In any event, I'd already rumbled him, as a similar story line was used in a recent repeat of a 'Midsomer Murders' that the lady wife persusaded me to watch with her.
      Blimey, I saw, on the OnLine Daily Maul, Corrie is inhabited with lesbians! Well, never mind Kevin and his missing Lottery ticket, this sounds a bit raunchy don't it (By 'eck Elsie best pull t'curtains, and put thy book about Sappho down. It's fragments, by silly mare, probably dyslexid, no idea abut senstenfes.)

Comment

• Angle
        • Dec 2010

Maybe I am misleading. The other two connections do not include the word Time but are related to it.

Ofcachap is right to think of tic-toc in relation to one clue, even when the answer is, as you say, obvious and Caliban is right to think of a clock in the other, but perhaps rather in a folk tale rather than a fairy tale though it certainly includes a benevolent fairy.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Angle View Post
          Maybe I am misleading. The other two connections do not include the word Time but are related to it.

Ofcachap is right to think of tic-toc in relation to one clue, even when the answer is, as you say, obvious and Caliban is right to think of a clock in the other, but perhaps rather in a folk tale rather than a fairy tale though it certainly includes a benevolent fairy.
          Angle, forgive the off-topic postings, there are some on the case! But we tend to be a bit lighthearted

Comment

• Norfolk Born

As suppertime is approaching, and we are off to a concert shortly thereafter, I shall be unable to offer further insights or wild guesses for the rest of the evening (especially as we shall have to catch up with 'Corrie' when we've had our fill of Mozart, Monteverdi and Vaughan Williams.). Qualmless, I leave the mattter in your more than capable hands.

Comment

• Angle
              • Dec 2010

Light-heartedness, I welcome and look forward to more.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

So has Ofca correctly got "L'Enfant et les Sortilèges" ?

As far as the tale is concerned, I'm thinking Cinderella who had to scarper as the clock struck midnight for fear of turning into a large spherical vegetable...

Light-heartedness, I welcome and look forward to more.
                Speaking as one whose old man is from Liverpool, I'm hoping that the lighthearted side of Alphabet Associations will be spiced with some Merseyside humour. There's nothing better!
                Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 02-04-11, 18:20.
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Angle
                  • Dec 2010

Cinderella is correct, Caliban. A time-piece struck at midnight.

Ofca is not correct with L'Enfant but is correct with thoughts of tic-toc - think of of the regularity of sound and consider a musician's pulse.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                    Host
                    • Nov 2010

Cinderella is correct, Caliban. A time-piece struck at midnight.

Ofca is not correct with L'Enfant but is correct with thoughts of tic-toc - think of of the regularity of sound and consider a musician's pulse.
                    I imagine we are talking about metronomes - musical 'tempo'-pieces...

Comment

• Angle
                      • Dec 2010

Complete, Caliban. I hope that it was not too obscure. Time will do but Tempo is even better.

1 was the chiming of a time-piece at midnight in 'Cinderella'
                      2 was indeed 'Missa in tempore belli' (or Paukenmesse)
                      3 was 'A Child of our Time' - I was surprised that anyone got this as I thought perhaps I was being too obscure.
                      4 was metronome - a time-keeping mechanism
                      5 was the Time Plays of JB Priestley

Clearly there are experts out there. I shall try harder if I ever have the opportunity again.

Are we alone here today? Even I shall be leaving to watch Spiral III which, if is as good as the first two series, will be excellent and gripping.

Best wishes

Don

I think it is now over to you for a U

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                        Host
                        • Nov 2010

Complete, Caliban. I hope that it was not too obscure. Time will do but Tempo is even better.

1 was the chiming of a time-piece at midnight in 'Cinderella'
                        2 was indeed 'Missa in tempore belli' (or Paukenmesse)
                        3 was 'A Child of our Time' - I was surprised that anyone got this as I thought perhaps I was being too obscure.
                        4 was metronome - a time-keeping mechanism
                        5 was the Time Plays of JB Priestley

Clearly there are experts out there. I shall try harder if I ever have the opportunity again.

Are we alone here today? Even I shall be leaving to watch Spiral III which, if is as good as the first two series, will be excellent and gripping.

Best wishes

Don

I think it is now over to you for a U
                        Oh crumbs... I got U last time!

Good question though Looking forward to further Angular contributions!

I still wonder whether Ofcachap wants U, as he cracked the 'Time' puzzle originally...

He's gone off to his concert though.

I'll have a think and see what's happened by the time I come back.

I suspect the good weather has lured people away from their computers, plus a couple on hols and out. Things will pick back up next week, I'm sure.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

I could do you a nice U tomorrow morning, as long as you don't mind my wandering off the classical path again. I, too, enjoyed Angle's question.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                            I could do you a nice U tomorrow morning, as long as you don't mind my wandering off the classical path again. I, too, enjoyed Angle's question.
                            Go for it Ofca! I haven't come Up with anything! It's rightfully yours! We shall re-group in the morning.

How was your concert? It was one of the choral ones, I take it?

Comment

• Anna

Just popped in to see the result. Nice puzzle Angle! At first, deceptively easy, but then rather devious in the concept of time. Nice.

Comment

• Angle
                                • Dec 2010

Yes, in the morning though even that is a puzzle for me. Breakfast chats usually take place around midday and 10am is the middle of the night. Looking forward to U.

Spiral III was as bloody as both of the earlier series and the director seems to have the The Killing idea of filming most things in natural light. Thank goodness it is a brighter in Paris than in Copenhagen - less of a strain for the eyes. It has all the usual complications. Fascinating.

Comment

Working...
                                X