X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will need to bait us with tastier morsels if we are to bite, anton.

Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
      You will need to bait us with tastier morsels if we are to bite, anton.

Further hint, antonio:

"...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Further hint, antonio:

Husband and wife "team" of composers who studied at Queens like Mr. Callow......I shall reveal all in the morning, with a Big R for Cloughers who got the Q......

Comment

Kasia Glowicka born 1977 - Turbulence (2009), for live video and electronics

Glowicka was born in Oleśnica. She graduated from the Academy of Music in Wrocław in 2001 after studying with the composer Grażyna Pstrokońska-Nawratil. During 2000 she held an internship with Italian composer Ivan Fedele at the Conservatory in Strasbourg and later studied with Dutch composers, Louis Andriessen and Martijn Padding at the Royal Conservatory of The Hague, of which she is also a graduate. She also completed a PhD focusing on computer music at the Sonic Arts Research Centre at the Queen's University Belfast in 2008.

"UNIT" being such a common word, that googling it with "Queens Belfast composer" simply seems to bring up various industrial units in Belfast.

There is a website about contemporary music in Ireland which may or may not contain the answer. Really haven't got time to plough through every listed composer.

googling "husband wife Belfast composers" has taught me all about wife-swapping north of the border
          Last edited by mercia; 18-12-14, 06:43.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            Kasia Glowicka born 1977 - Turbulence (2009), for live video and electronics

Glowicka was born in Oleśnica. She graduated from the Academy of Music in Wrocław in 2001 after studying with the composer Grażyna Pstrokońska-Nawratil. During 2000 she held an internship with Italian composer Ivan Fedele at the Conservatory in Strasbourg and later studied with Dutch composers, Louis Andriessen and Martijn Padding at the Royal Conservatory of The Hague, of which she is also a graduate. She also completed a PhD focusing on computer music at the Sonic Arts Research Centre at the Queen's University Belfast in 2008.

"UNIT" being such a common word, that googling it with "Queens Belfast composer" simply seems to bring up various industrial units in Belfast.

There is a website about contemporary music in Ireland which may or may not contain the answer. Really haven't got time to plough through every listed composer.

googling "husband wife Belfast composers" has taught me all about wife-swapping north of the border
            Brilliant mercs but if you look in wiki you will see the good lady is married to Henry Vega another composer who studied at Queens and the composer, from his website, of Unit in 2008.

So unless you are keen to set an R which I doubt we look to Cloughers who first arrived at Queens.......

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
              if you look in wiki you will see the good lady is married to Henry Vega another composer who studied at Queens
              oh yes

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                Simon Callow was at Queen's University Belfast.

Cloughers if you are about it's a big R for you.....

Comment

I'm going to rudely jump in

an R to connect 3 composers who respectively

- wrote an opera based on Hawthorne
                  - was deputised by Howells
                  - completed the orchestration of a piano piece by Chabrier

Comment

I'm going to rudely jump in

an R to connect 3 composers who respectively

- wrote an opera based on Hawthorne
                    - was deputised by Howells
                    - completed the orchestration of a piano piece by Chabrier
                    Ah, the Christmas round Robin.

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post

Comment

In order:

Robin Milford, composer of the opera The Scarlet Letter, based on novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne
                        Robin Orr, replaced as organist at St John's College, Cambridge, by Herbert Howells during World War 2
                        Robin Holloway, completed Chabrier's orchestration of Bourrée fantasque
                        Last edited by subcontrabass; 19-12-14, 13:40.

Comment

In order:

Robin Milford, composer of the opera [I]The Scarlet Letter[/I, based on novel by Nathaniel Hawthorne
                          Robin Orr, replaced as organist at St John's College, Cambridge, by Herbert Howells during World War 2
                          Robin Holloway, completed Chabrier's orchestration of Bourrée fantasque

wizardly fast

Comment

"...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Moving on:

An S to link a visit to the zoo with a fencer and two mandalas.

Comment

Moving on:

An S to link a visit to the zoo with a fencer and two mandalas.
                                Are we talking a composer?

Comment

Working...
                                X