X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
    I guess because of Colditz!
    - not sure what my excuse is: when I read merc's puzzle, I started looking for Drug references!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
      filed away in the AA drawer ..... meantime ..

G

a Magic Tree, a Duped Judge, some Chinese Women - what am I on (about) ?

I am not sure what you are on, but you seem to be on about some operas by Christoph Willibald Gluck.

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
        you seem to be on about some operas by Christoph Willibald Gluck.
        how true

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
          how true
          More specifically L’arbre enchanté , Le cadi dupé, and Le cinesi.

Comment

well done

Comment

Can you find an H to link LSO, RLPO, and ECO with Broadstairs?

Comment

Not so much a conductor of premiers ... ?

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  Not so much a conductor of premiers ... ?

Comment

Edward Heath; British Prime Minister (1970-74) born in Broadheath in 1916; conducted the three orchestras mentioned (well, on three days of the week, at any rate )

Comment

Edward Heath; British Prime Minister (1970-74) born in Broadheath in 1916; conducted the three orchestras mentioned (well, on three days of the week, at any rate )
                      He also conducted an annual carol concert in Broadstairs for most of his life. One of my uncles had the unique distinction of being at school with Edward Heath and at Jesus College, Oxford, with Harold Wilson.

Comment

The nearest I can match is that Mike Yarwood once came into my brother's shop.

I've just realised that I've got to find an I.

I may be some time ....

Comment

This might be somewhat convoluted - one of those puzzles that would be too easy if not "encrypted". (And I think we've had it before.)

Joy! I lament the dead with Songs of Love. To what do I refer?

Comment

He also conducted an annual carol concert in Broadstairs for most of his life. One of my uncles had the unique distinction of being at school with Edward Heath and at Jesus College, Oxford, with Harold Wilson.
                            Who did he think was the better chap?

Comment

This might be somewhat convoluted - one of those puzzles that would be too easy if not "encrypted". (And I think we've had it before.)

Joy! I lament the dead with Songs of Love. To what do I refer?
                              Could it be something to do with Liebeslied/leid and Leibesleid/lied? Though I haven't come across the last two words, and neither (niether?) has my biggest German dictionary...
                              I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMartinPecheur View Post
                                Could it be something to do with Liebeslied/leid and Leibesleid/lied? Though I haven't come across the last two words, and neither (niether?) has my biggest German dictionary...
                                You're right to look for translations, but German is not involved: English, Latin and French. Three works by three different composers all associated with the I.

Comment

Working...
                                X