X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
    It wasn't Nick Clegg, was it?
    Not sure Ofca but I felt like asking if they wanted AV (alternative venue!!)

Very rare for them to take off so early in the day but sometimes, when weather conditions are like this, sometimes six of them take off in a very short space of time and head off towards the Beacons. They probably float past rubbers on the way! I've always promised myself a trip in one someday.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post

quick off the mark... not always a good thing, it's got me into some sticky situations, I fear
      Originally posted by Anna View Post

ridiculously easy
      That's rubbers for you.... !!

I was woken at 7am by a hot air balloon taking off!
      As long as it wasn't rubbers popping up....

Sorry - you have to understand that I'm watching "Carry on, Matron" on ITV3. For some unaccountable reason, it's reminding me of Amateur51
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        That's rubbers for you.... !!

Sorry - you have to understand that I'm watching "Carry on, Matron" on ITV3. For some unaccountable reason, it's reminding me of Amateur51
        Promise me it's not Wifrid Hyde-White with a bunch of narcissi up his fundament that's doing that for you, Caliban

Well done rubbers & a fine set of clues, anna!

I've just had the first jersey royals of the season, second asperge of the same, fried salmon topped with a fried egg for lunch, washed down with a glass of Snr Torres' splendid Vina Sol 2010 - so ... there may not be much that's worthwhile coming from these parts this arvo

I have just spent a long time on the Festival Hall's website trying to pick up a cheap ticket for Sunday's NYOGB concert - JWeir choral piece + Mahler symphony no 10 (Deryck Cooke) conducted by V Petrenko Couldn't cope with the vagaries of the website so was delighted to find there is a phone number which I read will cost me an extra £1.75 - barstewards!

Nice woman on the phone took grandpa thro' the necessaries, made my booking. I remembered to say 'there's an extra £1.75p on top of my £8 I take it?'

' Oh no Sir!' she says (yay!!) ... 'it's £2.75 for a phone booking I'm afraid!' +

If I want to avoid phone booking charge in future I need to shell out £47, I think, to become a member

I politely asked the young woman to tell Jude Kelly, should she pop in this arvo, that her website's a shocker and her booking fees are a scandal. She giggled

They ALSO want to add on £3 minimum for their 'development fund' - as my ol' Mum would have said 'I'll develop you something in a minute if you carry on like this!!'
        Last edited by Guest; 22-04-11, 14:32. Reason: colonising my yikes

Comment

• Anna

Oh, you two are a regular double-act aren't you? Years of practice I suspect.
          Would you be imagining him as Charles Hawtry or Hattie Jacques?

Whoops! cross posted with Am! Oh, if only this mb had that little message to tell you someone has come before you!

Comment

• amateur51

Oh, you two are a regular double-act aren't you? Years of practice I suspect.

Would you be imagining him as Charles Hawtry or Hattie Jacques?

Whoops! cross posted with Am! Oh, if only this mb had that little message to tell you someone has come before you!
            Is that an invention by Mary Wollstonecraft or Havelock Ellis, anna?!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Is that an invention by Mary Wollstonecraft or Havelock Ellis, anna?!
              I have no idea Am51. Were they involved in the design of message board software??

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Mahler 10... NYOGB... Petrenko
                Hope you enjoy your concert after all that, Ammy!! Sounds a cracker! Do report on 'Performance'!

Re: 'Carry On....', Hawtrey was part of my thinking, it's true!!! e.g. this duet with Kenneth Williams:

Hawtrey (psychiatrist Dr. Francis A. Goode): As a matter of fact I was talking to my wife only the other day. "Hamlet," I said... I call her Hamlet because she thinks she's a Great Dane. Isn't it silly?
                Williams (consultant Sir Bernard Cutting): Dr Goode, I am not interested in your wife.
                Hawtrey: That's a funny thing. Neither am I.
                Williams: Now, listen. Have you ever heard of a man turning into a woman?
                Hawtrey: No, but I've heard of a man turning into a one-way street
                Hawtrey & Williams: hahahahahahahhahahaha

It also features the immortal Hattie Jacques- Kenneth Williams exchange:

Matron: I'm a simple woman with simple tastes, and I want to be wooed!
                Sir Bernard Cutting: Ooh, Matron, you can be as 'wude' as you like with me!

Are we still waiting for the "quick off the mark" rubbers with 'is I?????

Comment

• rubbernecker

You are, but I was delayed by reading of the manifold indignities suffered by Am51. And then Anna suggesting he was a Hattie...

What 'I' was responsible for drawings of white folk, a certain episode in a composer's life and the finish of another's marriage?

Comment

• Anna

Indeed we are, quite the little tease ain't he? But, he may have donned his lycra and is, at the very moment, swooping over hill and dale.

Edit: Oh Blimey. Those who post in haste repent at leisure. Slapped wrists for me!
                    Last edited by Guest; 22-04-11, 14:51. Reason: cross posted

Comment

• amateur51

Hope you enjoy your concert after all that, Ammy!! Sounds a cracker! Do report on 'Performance'!

Re: 'Carry On....', Hawtrey was part of my thinking, it's true!!! e.g. this duet with Kenneth Williams:
                      Chas Hawtrey was once reported in conversation: " Oh I'm sure that sex between a man and a woman is perfectly nice ... but surely, it can't be a good as the real thing?!"

Comment

• amateur51

I have no idea Am51. Were they involved in the design of message board software??
                        Is Anna acting all nonchalant here or it a case of http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...er-yr-head.jpg

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Chas Hawtrey was once reported in conversation: " Oh I'm sure that sex between a man and a woman is perfectly nice ... but surely, it can't be a good as the real thing?!"
                          A colleague of mine grew up in the area of (I think) Deal in Kent, and the elderly Chas was well-known in local hostelries for continual attempts to engage the younger yeomanry in ... conversation. Searching for the real thing, I guess

Comment

• Anna

Is Anna acting all nonchalant here or it a case of http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/n...er-yr-head.jpg
                            Am51, I find, being an innocent maiden in me muslin smock and wiv barleycorns behind me ears and my corn rich hair tumbling down ... erm, sorry, went off on a bucolic fantasy there ..... What was the question?

Comment

• amateur51

A colleague of mine grew up in the area of (I think) Deal in Kent, and the elderly Chas was well-known in local hostelries for continual attempts to engage the younger yeomanry in ... conversation. Searching for the real thing, I guess
                              Rumour had it that he deliberately set fire to his bed in Deal so that he'd have to be rescued by fire-fighters

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

Am51, I find, being an innocent maiden in me muslin smock and wiv barleycorns behind me ears and my corn rich hair tumbling down ... erm, sorry, went off on a bucolic fantasy there ..... What was the question?
                                See #5013 above:

"I'm a simple woman with simple tastes, and I want to be wooed!"

Comment

Working...
                                X