X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
    Am51, I find, being an innocent maiden in me muslin smock and wiv barleycorns behind me ears and my corn rich hair tumbling down ... erm, sorry, went off on a bucolic fantasy there ..... What was the question?
    An innocent maiden in a muslim smock? ... surely not in South-East Wales

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      See #5013 above:

"I'm a simple woman with simple tastes, and I want to be wooed!"

Ooh I say! Well I never, but I am not deserving of the attentions of a fine young gennulman such as yourself, why, to think I may aspire to be a Barrister's Clerk's concubine, is, Sir, beyond me wildest dreams of a come uppance in this world, indeed it is Sir

Comment

• rubbernecker

But, he may have donned his lycra and is, at the very moment, swooping over hill and dale
        Lycra has indeed been donned, but only to get me to work in London where I unfortunately find myself this fine afternoon The ravening beast known as 'the meejah' does not observe the sanctity of this day, so it's just like a normal Friday Busier in fact And I have to work until 7.30 tomorrow so won't be able to swoop along those beloved hills until Sunday, (although I shall wait until my epic in the Cotswolds on Monday).

Comment

• Anna

Actually, we should be sensible and concentrate on rubbers' condundrum
          Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
          What 'I' was responsible for drawings of white folk, a certain episode in a composer's life and the finish of another's marriage?
          Of which, I have not a clue to the solution at the moment

As to Charles Hawtry, there was a docu or drama/doc not long ago which highlighted his very sad and tortured life and thank goodness for the laws being changed and homosexuality being perfectly lawful and perfectly natural.

Comment

• rubbernecker

thank goodness for the laws being changed and homosexuality being perfectly lawful and perfectly natural.
            Surely not...?

Where's Simon when you need him?

Comment

• Anna

Lycra has indeed been donned, but only to get me to work in London where I unfortunately find myself this fine afternoon The ravening beast known as 'the meejah' does not observe the sanctity of this day, so it's just like a normal Friday Busier in fact And I have to work until 7.30 tomorrow so won't be able to swoop along those beloved hills until Sunday, (although I shall wait until my epic in the Cotswolds on Monday).
              Oh Well, Bugler Me! Rubbers has gorn orff now, to London, dressed in lycra, in a 4x4 with blacked out windows, looking like a Goth driving a hearse and now, says he has a Cotswold connection. Which means, obviously, I dunno, lunch with HRH?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

[COLOR="black"]Oh, if only this mb had that little message to tell you someone has come before you!
                Do we REALLY need a PEA (Premature Ejaculation Alert)?

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Incest played a part in the failure of Tchaikowsky's marriage, and Percy Grainger's mother Rose took her own life reportedly because of rumours linking her with incest.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                    Incest played a part in the failure of Tchaikowsky's marriage, and Percy Grainger's mother Rose took her own life reportedly because of rumours linking her with incest.
                    Well, Lloyd-George knew my Father, My Father knew Lloyd-George, incest? No, I think re Percy Grainger, that has been totally disproved, with his ma, amazingly odd looking individual though, it's the eyes, too close together. Like a stoat

Comment

• rubbernecker

Thanks for sharing that with us, Ofca. I think Tchaikovsky's marriage failed because he ... how shall I put this... he yearned for something we all (apart from Simon) regard as perfectly lawful and perfectly natural.

The Graingers were all barking.

However, if that's an attempt to answer the current question, then I'm afraid it's back to the board which supports those intriguing drawings...

Comment

• rubbernecker

Rubbers has gorn orff now, to London, dressed in lycra, in a 4x4 with blacked out windows, looking like a Goth driving a hearse and now, says he has a Cotswold connection. Which means, obviously, I dunno, lunch with HRH?
                        Not exactly in that order, but yes, it's a rich tapestry of a life - albeit not quite as distinguished as Caliban's...

Comment

• Anna

Not exactly in that order, but yes, it's a rich tapestry of a life - albeit not quite as distinguished as Caliban's...
                          Well, yes, as I said, a Clerk to Chambers!! Swoon at someone so Auguste and powerful without wearing a wig!! As for the I, am floundering at the mo.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Thanks for sharing that with us, Ofca. I think Tchaikovsky's marriage failed because he ... how shall I put this... he yearned for something we all (apart from Simon) regard as perfectly lawful and perfectly natural.

The Graingers were all barking.

However, if that's an attempt to answer the current question, then I'm afraid it's back to the board which supports those intriguing drawings...
                            I'm happy to withdraw my wicked slur on Tchaikowsky's character, based as it is on a particular interpretation of a scene from the 'Nutcracker'. Percy Grainger's mother apparently left him a note, blaming her death on unfounded accusations of an incestuous relationship, which he kept hung around his neck.
                            I think I was also distracted by the thought that my suggested answer would contrast nicely with the answer to the previous 'I'...
                            I'm pleased to have been barking up the wrong tree!

Comment

• Anna

I'm happy to withdraw my wicked slur on Tchaikowsky's character, based as it is on a particular interpretation of a scene from the 'Nutcracker'. Percy Grainger's mother apparently left him a note, blaming her death on unfounded accusations of an incestuous relationship, which he kept hung around his neck.
                              I think I was also distracted by the thought that my suggested answer would contrast nicely with the answer to the previous 'I'...
                              I'm pleased to have been barking up the wrong tree!
                              Oh, Percy was a strange fruit, it is true. I loved his Kangaroo Pouch machine, didn't you? ABC had a wonderful play about him which I have somewhere stored here

As tio the barely touched upon gay and lesbian scene here, who, to be honest, cares which side they bat for for (to use a cricket metaphor) or, to use a classical "I lay alsant a willow"

Comment

• amateur51

Well, yes, as I said, a Clerk to Chambers!! Swoon at someone so Auguste and powerful without wearing a wig!! As for the I, am floundering at the mo.
                                Sketch extrait des Monty Pythons en live au Hollywood Bowl. Les autres vidéos sur cette chaine a venir.

Moi aussi!

Which does not mean that I am an Australian
                                Last edited by Guest; 22-04-11, 17:34.

Comment

Working...
                                X