Henry of Dreamgirls
      Oh, bravo, Anton. All five.

L-egantly done

Comment

Well I never.

Congrats.

Comment

Well done, Anton!

I must away for I hear the toot-toot of The Last Train To Noddington Junction!

Good night all!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Well done, Anton!

I must away for I hear the toot-toot of The Last Train To Noddington Junction!

Good night all!
            'Night ammy, although I was half expecting you to post one of your topical and amusing YouTube links, eg. the night Jim Morrison whipped it out...

I'm turning in too.

Comment

What L hopefully links

A Symphony by one of the few men to "put music to" Paul Simon lyrics
              What comes after Losing One's Religion
              A possible occupant of the aforementioned Mr. Simon's graveyard in You Can Call Me Al

Comment

All I can think of at this late hour is : Leonard Bernstein used a Paul Simon lyric in one part of his Mass: A Theatre Piece for Singers, Players, and Dancers.

But now to bed

Comment

I never knew that so sadly no - so interesting though!

Comment

Found Grumpy Paul's input to the Mass....

".....Half the people are drowned and the other half are swimming in the wrong direction."

Don't pen them like that anymore!

Comment

I'm doing an Angle here, drifting around at an unearthly hour but honestly, the owls yet again waking me up. Sometimes it's positively Hogwartian here. Also, I see we had I-I as the composer and I always wanted, if I had grabbed an I, to set him as an answer so why did I not get it!?? Answer - not paying attention!
                      Last edited by Guest; 23-04-11, 02:45.

Comment

Lulu? There'a cartoon character called - is it Lightning or Little? - Lulu, and the Paul Simon song refers to a cartoon churchyard full of cartoon charaters. There's a 'Lulu Symphony' based on three numbers from Berg's opera of the same name. Still thinking about the loss of faith.

Comment

Cartoon graveyard is correct but Lulu doesn't, sadly, really make me want to Shout with joy!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                            What L hopefully links

A Symphony by one of the few men to "put music to" Paul Simon lyrics
                            What comes after Losing One's Religion
                            A possible occupant of the aforementioned Mr. Simon's graveyard in You Can Call Me Al
                            Low

-Philip Glass Symphony No. 1 based on the Bowie album. (PG's Songs from Liquid Days uses PS texts)
                            -The track following Losing My Religion on REM's Out of Time
                            -Cartoonist David Low

Comment

Boom!Boom! I'll think on, as they say.

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                                Low

-Philip Glass Symphony No. 1 based on the Bowie album. (PG's Songs from Liquid Days uses PS texts)
                                -The track following Losing My Religion on REM's Out of Time
                                -Cartoonist David Low
                                It looks as if somebody got up firing on all cylinders this morning!

Comment

Working...
                                X