• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The O was simply : O

Anna has won the joy of P

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Ams, have you tried slow cooking a shoulder of lamb (having first given it a dry rub of spices inc. Ras el Hanout etc but not to overpower it) on a bed of rosemary? Ah, a North Walian? Well, that's OK, I won't hold it against you!
      Oh sounds wunderbar Anna - the spicy lamb shoulder, that is. I don't mind your holding it against me, but these days it'll take far more than a dry rub I'm afraid

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
        The O was simply : O

Anna has won the joy of P
        May I suggest 'The Joy of P' to the Prostate Cancer Charity as the title for their latest fundraising drive, Angle?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Oh sounds wunderbar Anna - the spicy lamb shoulder, that is. I don't mind your holding it against me, but these days it'll take far more than a dry rub I'm afraid
          Oh, well rubbers thinks I'm more famous for me sticky anointings than me dry rubs! (Are we slipping into Jules & Sand mode again?)

Back in a mo with a Pleasant P.

Comment

OK, internet connection seems to have stabilised so this P should be reasonably easy, especially for certain of our members.

Which P connects the following of which one is not strictly musical.

Who’s making a racket at this unearthly hour? Oh, it’s them lot on the river, the 7th Chapter.
            I note in my journal that a Rose is sweet by any other name
            It’s a bit grim but I thought you’d be ecstatic about this modern ballet

Comment

Am51- happy to say that something of the sort crossed my mind as I wrote it. I wonder what other letters we should apply adjectives to - or "to which other letters" etc.

It is taking yonks to type anything here. Some letters refuse to appear on the screen. Perhaps my battery is on the way out - and on Easter Sunday, too.

Comment

I don't mind your holding it against me, but these days it'll take far more than a dry rub I'm afraid
                Oh, well rubbers thinks I'm more famous for me sticky anointings than me dry rubs!

That exchange has made my Easter Sunday morning!!

"...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

That exchange has made my Easter Sunday morning!!

Oh well, each to their own, Ducky!

Now Caliban, heartface, I know you know me Bona P, just cast yourself back, yes, cast yourself back, abandon yourself!!

Comment

Oh well, each to their own, Ducky!

Now Caliban, heartface, I know you know me Bona P, just cast yourself back, yes, cast yourself back, abandon yourself!!
                    I'm NOT mopping up if he let's hisself go, I tells ya!

Comment

I'm NOT mopping up if he let's hisself go, I tells ya!
                      Caliban would never let himself go, Barrister's Clerks are, it is the on dit in Builth Wells, are just those who should be entitled to Silk but don't have the money for the outfit. I am not sure what that means if I am honest.

Edit: I will add another clue. Famous for glass but put this in your glass
                      Last edited by Guest; 24-04-11, 13:23. Reason: further clue

Comment

Right. I'm off to engage with what remains of London Underground on a Bank Holiday Sunday, hoping to attend a NYOGB concert with Petrenko, in a Judith Weir/Mahler symphony no 10 (Deryck Cooke) programme.

As young people say these days, laterz

Comment

Oh, no-one has had a nibble at my question, and it's so easy. I might go and sulk in the garden and eat worms.

Comment

Oh, no-one has had a nibble at my question, and it's so easy. I might go and sulk in the garden and eat worms.
                            I've been busy filling yer inbox, Miss Anna!!

Let me apply myself to your P now...
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              I've been busy filling yer inbox, Miss Anna!!
                              That's as may be. Now, I know you can hold the answer in your hands in two different forms. Oh, if only Taps were here instead of spreading himself on a beach in the Seychelles, honestly, he would have it banged to rights in no time (that is your actual Legalese expression)

Comment

Sorry, love, I've been doing a spot of interior decorating and gardening. I'll have a peek at your P (if I may).

Comment

Working...
                                X