• Time
  • Show
Clear All

What R links

18 letters in 1837
    The centre of united
    2 early 21C operas "scripted" by Willie the Shake

Comment

Sorry 2 are musical and zero have, to me at least, obvious Corrie links! Going out for a while Lady G informs me!

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
        This is all very well - but you are not going to claim that any of these characters are up there with Albert Tatlock - Minnie Caldwell - Ena Sharples - Annie Walker....

The one recent glory was that "I say, I say" character [Fred: Elliot] - but - really - you can't defend yourselves against the charge that Everything Changes and Everything Gets Worse....
        ... and how cd I forget Hilda and Stan Ogden...

Comment

When I googled the first clue Wiki came up with National Archives and 18 letters from a firm of Solicitors in 1837!! I didn't realise Carter Ruck were so long established.

I suspect the second element refers to some footballer rather than the centre of the UK?

Comment

I suppose you could say the centre of united is either "it" or "nite"

Thomas Ades The Tempest 2004

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
              I suppose you could say the centre of united is either "it" or "nite"

Thomas Ades The Tempest 2004
              Yes indeed mercia. But were is the R wot we is looking for? I am baffled and away to the kitchen I think.

Comment

I'm baffled too!

In the meantime: Amateur51 you have caused Caliban (and Caliban père to whom I sent your earlier Dawson-Barraclough link) to guffaw and shake with laughter something rotten this bank holiday!! Adjacent to your clip was this absolute classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foInK...eature=related

"Whoever it was, he wasn't short of clay"
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                  But were is the R wot we is looking for?
                  well, if I knew that ................

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                    well, if I knew that ................
                    You would post the right answer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      When I googled the first clue Wiki came up with National Archives and 18 letters from a firm of Solicitors in 1837!! I didn't realise Carter Ruck were so long established.

I suspect the second element refers to some footballer rather than the centre of the UK?
                      ......you could well be Correct on the second element!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                        ......you could well be Correct on the second element!
                        Oh Blimey! Footballers, strange creatures constantly bursting into tears and blearing their mascara and cheating on their WAGS, I know nothing about them. Whereas, Rugby ..........

Comment

........if last evening you had wandered away from Corrie - well not too far away from Corrie come to think!

Comment

Rooney Lee was born in 1837, that's interesting isn't it?

Comment

... o, come now, if we're expected to know anything about footie - well, I'm orff....

Comment

....not so much footie as TV drama......

Comment

Working...
                                X