This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    ....not so much footie as TV drama......
    Oh well, only tv drama lately is re Matt Busby re footie

Comment

Busby was not a main character - one was, of course, a Welshman, and the other a Geordie - which would you choose?

Comment

Tennant appeared in Recovery, that begins with R

Comment

Not Recovery not Rooney think 1966 and all that.............

Comment

meanwhile I can't find another 21st century Shakespearean opera

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
              meanwhile I can't find another 21st century Shakespearean opera
              As well as Marry - there should be "set an AA question in haste repent at leisure" - the third element should read something like someone who has written 8 operas and music to accompany 2 Willie the Shake pieces! If there is anyone left out there I humbly apologise!

Comment

The only link between football, R and united and 1966 I can think of is Ramsey... Alf Ramsey in 66 and Aaron Ramsey who plays central for United nowadays... But I can't make that fit with operas, Shakespeare or 19th century letters...
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

I think we have established, sort of, that the footballer is a Geordie a central character of last night's IMHO superb United on BBC2 who was one of Ramsey's stars of 66........

Comment

I think we have established, sort of, that the footballer is a Geordie a central character of last night's IMHO superb United on BBC2 who was one of Ramsey's stars of 66........
                    Well I didn't see it but the story focussed on Bobby Charlton didn't it? So Robert.....?

Comment

Now you are talking son.....

Comment

Sadly that's where I stop talking... I have no idea about letters or operas. Have to leave the hallowed forum for a while now. Hope someone picks out the pass and dribbles it into the net....

Comment

... Davidsbündlertänze (Dances of the League of David), Op. 6, is a group of eighteen pieces for solo piano composed by Robert Schumann in 1837 ...

Comment

.....and has 18 letters if I counted correctly!!!!
                            To save me any further embarrassment the 3rd Bob is Robert Xavier Rodriguez who has written incidental music for Midsummers Night Dream and the Tempest. The shame - you will probably not see me until 3 Rs from now!

Comment

sorry troops I will try to be clearer should I ever win again!!!!!!!!!
                              Well I certainly didn't..............

Comment

.....and has 18 letters if I counted correctly!!!!
                                To save me any further embarrassment the 3rd Bob is Robert Xavier Rodriguez who has written incidental music for Midsummers Night Dream and the Tempest. The shame - you will probably not see me until 3 Rs from now!
                                ROBERT Schumann of course!!!

Not at all, anton - apart from the slip in element 3 (and we've all made a slip or two), it was a good and foxing question. I think it's bank holiday brains (certainly in my case) that account for the tricky solution process, plus the absence of some luminaries. I think rubbers has probably heard of Robert Rodriguez (actually, now you mention him, so have I... vaguely...) and could well have swept in (sorry, I should say popped up) to give the answer...

I have to be absent now. Personally I think it should be between vinteuil and Anna for an "S"...

Comment

Working...
                                X