X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
    It's not very musical though, is it...?
    Everyone's a critic!

Ofcachap said the question was very musical - do the answers have to be too?

Last edited by Guest; 26-04-11, 21:12. Reason: added spleen

Comment

No wheelchairs are involved. One of the thespians had something in common with Messrs. Redgrave, Wolfit and others. The link is a surname.
      Last edited by Guest; 26-04-11, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
        No wheelchairs involved. One of the thespians had something in common with Messrs. Redgrave, Wolfit and others.
        Wooly woofters?

On no, Sir Donald ... right

Stop ... that .... trrrrrrain!!

Comment

One of the thespians had something in common with Messrs. Redgrave, Wolfit and others.
          knighted?

Sir Ralph Richardson?

Comment

Correct.

Comment

Thomas Hicks
              Tommy Steele?

or one of the many other Thomas Hicks's?

Comment

Richard Burton
                the actor, or one of the other Richard Burtons?

Comment

I've been ploughing an equally fruitless furrow with Wagner, the mini-series starring Richard Burton, but I can't see a connection with Tommy Steele (assuming he is the T Hicks, and not the English cricketer or American bobsledder of the same name). Interestingly, I've learnt that Sir William Walton had an acting part in this as Frederick Augustus II of Saxony. It's also the only occasion on which Gielgud, Richardson and Olivier appeared on screen together in the same scene.
                  Last edited by Guest; 26-04-11, 21:29.

Comment

I've been ploughing an equally fruitless furrow with Wagner, the mini-series starring Richard Burton, but I can't see a connection with Tommy Steele (assuming he is the T Hicks, and not the English cricketer or American bobsledder of the same name). Interestingly, I've learnt that Sir William Walton had an acting part in this as Frederick Augustus II of Saxony
                    Tommy Steele's 74, y'know

There's a grand story about what the stage hands did for the final performance of Tommy's Singing In The Rain at the Palladium (I think) but if I put it in public, french frank'll have kittens

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                      Everyone's a critic!
                      "...the isle is full of noises,
                      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Raymond
                        Huntley?

Massey?

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          There's a grand story about what the stage hands did for the final performance of Tommy's Singing In The Rain at the Palladium (I think) but if I put it in public, french frank'll have kittens
                          A selective PM for all our benefit would appear to be in order, then...

Comment

Yes, Tommy Steele is relevant, and yes, it's Richard Burton the actor. They featured (separately) in productions that had a substantial musical content. Sir Ralph and Raymond (not Daniel or Anna) acted together to an occasional musical accompaniment by a really happy-sounding composer.
                            EDIT: Raymond Massey is also correct.

Comment

A selective PM for all our benefit would appear to be in order, then...
                              Ooooooh nooooo we can't do that because apparently ALL our messages are available for others to see on t'Interweb Thingo.

I can try telepath .... telekin ...... thinking very hard & see if I can transmit my thoughts to you, rubbers.;yikes:

Comment

Yes, Tommy Steele is relevant, and yes, it's Richard Burton the actor. They featured (separately) in productions that had a substantial musical content. Sir Ralph and Raymond (not Daniel or Anna) acted together to an occasional musical accompaniment by a really happy-sounding composer.
                                EDIT: Raymond Massey is also correct.
                                Ralph Richardson and Raymond Massey in the film The Shape of Things to Come, music by Sir Arthur Bliss - where's the W????

Comment

Working...
                                X