This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norfolk Born

The answers came in thick and fast at the end - I'm not sure who gets to set X (or Y or Z, or even A). Perhaps those who contributed might like to confer and come up with a deserving candidate.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
      A full house!
      Adaptations of works by H G Wells:
      Ralph Richardson and Raymond Massey in 'The Shape of Things to Come', adapted from 'Things To Come'; Tommy Steele in 'Half A Sixpence', adapted from 'Kipps'; and Richard Burton in 'War Of The Worlds', adapted from the short novel of the same name.
      Nice puzzle, Ofcachap, even though my wheelchair idea didn't have .... legs

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
        Ooooooh nooooo we can't do that because apparently ALL our messages are available for others to see on t'Interweb Thingo.
        No no no - not private messages. I think they mean that public postings on the forum (aka public messages) are visible. Private messages can't be... PLEASE do tell Ams, in the matter of Stage Hands -v-Tommy Steele. Presumably it has to do with downpours containing bodily fluids...

On topic: I thought that "W" was an absolute classic
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          No no no - not private messages. I think they mean that public postings on the forum (aka public messages) are visible. Private messages can't be... PLEASE do tell Ams, in the matter of Stage Hands -v-Tommy Steele. Presumably it has to do with downpours containing bodily fluids...

On topic: I thought that "W" was an absolute classic
          Why dagnabbit Deputy Dawg, you done guessed ma story!

Comment

• rubbernecker

Ooooooh nooooo we can't do that because apparently ALL our messages are available for others to see on t'Interweb Thingo.
            Happily, I don't think this is the case with our private messages, To whit, I have just tried googling the phrase "the living embodiment of Malvolio" and there are no matches (at least not in cyberspace)

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Back with W:
              mercia got Ralph Richardson, Tommy Steele and Raymond Massey and Kipps.
              amateur51 got The Shape of Things To Come
              antongould was first to Wells and War Of The Worlds
              mercia for the next question?

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

er, sorry, not me, I must go .......... nice W question Ofca

Comment

• amateur51

Right, no siesta for me today so I can feel my eyelids drooping (to match the rest of me)

Have a good night y'all & I hope to find you all refreshed and fully vital on the morrow.

And, as a newcomer, may I thank you all for clutching me so warmly to your collective buzooms

Comment

• Norfolk Born

It's time for yours truly to log off, too. Glad you enjoyed my wobbleyew!

Comment

• Angle
                      • Dec 2010

I have missed the pranks and you have all gone to bed?
                      I have at last another four hours of wakefulness. Maybe I shall do a crossword.

Good night all. Sleep tight. Pleasant dreams. Thighs ands bodily fluids ?

Comment

• Anna

You won't believe this, but I actually have that War of The Worlds dvd!

First part of the live dvd, and by my the best song: War of the worlds (also know as Eve of the war)

Comment

• antongould
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Angle View Post
                          I have missed the pranks and you have all gone to bed?
                          I have at last another four hours of wakefulness. Maybe I shall do a crossword.

Good night all. Sleep tight. Pleasant dreams. Thighs ands bodily fluids ?
                          I don't think anyone would mind if you set on X/Y/Z/A to pass the time........

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                            Host
                            • Nov 2010

Right, no siesta for me today so I can feel my eyelids drooping (to match the rest of me)

Have a good night y'all & I hope to find you all refreshed and fully vital on the morrow.

And, as a newcomer, may I thank you all for clutching me so warmly to your collective buzooms

"...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                              You won't believe this, but I actually have that War of The Worlds dvd!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8JLqsbK5V0
                              Thanks for the link Anna - I REALLY enjoyed it.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Are we at that hiatus place again?

I have a Z for you to wrestle with, if anyone's interested...

Comment

Working...
                                X