X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rubbernecker

"You sang so loud, you should be proud!"

It's between Anna and Mercia - but Anna was first with 'yer akshal' bluebird

Comment

• mercia
      • Nov 2010

nice question Ofca

I'm totally uninspired as far as setting C is concerned

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Angle View Post
        I am really rather glad that I slept through most of A. Devious indeed. Well done, Vinteuil.

Now, guys, I shall not be around much for the next five or six days. Liverpool will have to do without me; I am trollin' off to London on Saturday evening to see what's up and don't get back to my latti until Tuesday. Fingers crossed for reasonable weather, please.

Free wi-fi permitting, I shall watch what is going on here.

Best wishes all. Have a bona time.

Don
        Have a triffic time, Angle

Comment

• amateur51

Well done to all!

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
            Good Lord, no, neither one... John Lewis, my dear. It's this dinky number: http://www.johnlewis.com/153867/Style.aspx
            You went for the Mitch. We have had a pair of Dexters chez Rubbers for some time now.

Anyone for a couple of Jesses...?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by mercia View Post
              nice question Ofca

I'm totally uninspired as far as setting C is concerned
              Me too mercia. But it was vinteuil who first said "bird" wasn't it?

Comment

• mercia
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                But it was vinteuil who first said "bird" wasn't it?
                for sure

Comment

• Anna

If mercia really doesn't want it and vinteuil doesn't step forward I'll cobble together a C if you give me half an hour?

Comment

• rubbernecker

If mercia really doesn't want it and vinteuil doesn't step forward I'll cobble together a C if you give me half an hour?
                    I'm sure your C will be crafted, rather than cobbled, and I, for one, look forward to it hugely

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                      I'm sure your C will be crafted, rather than cobbled, and I, for one, look forward to it hugely
                      No, make that cobbled!! Been interrupted by phone calls, sorry this isn't terribly good and probably too easy.

Which C forms part of a tale of exceptional honesty
                      An best selling version of an English translation of a French song with a distinctive trumpeter
                      A 17th century verse popular in the 19th century, immortalised in a famous painting
                      A musician closely associated with Mr. Coleman

Comment

• rubbernecker

No, make that cobbled!! Been interrupted by phone calls, sorry this isn't terribly good and probably too easy.

Which C forms part of a tale of exceptional honesty
                        An best selling version of an English translation of a French song with a distinctive trumpeter
                        A 17th century verse popular in the 19th century, immortalised in a famous painting
                        A musician closely associated with Mr. Coleman
                        I gave my love a Cherry -

I have Cherry Ripe for No.3 (the Millais painting - also a tone poem by Frank Bridge, istr) and Don Cherry who recorded with Ornette Coleman for No.4...

I'm sure Cherry Orchard should be in there somewhere, but it doesn't really fit No.1?

Comment

• Anna

I gave my love a Cherry -

I have Cherry Ripe for No.3 (the Millais painting - also a tone poem by Frank Bridge, istr) and Don Cherry who recorded with Ornette Coleman for No.4...

I'm sure Cherry Orchard should be in there somewhere, but it doesn't really fit No.1?
                          I turn my back for a mo and rubbers has had my cherry! Yes, No. 3 is Cherry Ripe and No. 4 Don Cherry. No. 1, as I said, is a famous story about a real-life person. There is no Cherry Orchard involved and the best seller was in the 50s.

Comment

• rubbernecker

I turn my back for a mo and rubbers has had my cherry! Yes, No. 3 is Cherry Ripe and No. 4 Don Cherry. No. 1, as I said, is a famous story about a real-life person. There is no Cherry Orchard involved and the best seller was in the 50s.
                            Of course, George Washington "I cannot tell a lie..."

Trumpeter, 50's...? Miles..?

Comment

• Anna

Of course, George Washington "I cannot tell a lie..."

Trumpeter, 50's...? Miles..?
                              Yes, it was George and the cherry tree. English trumpeter and strangely enough his first hit has a sort of link to the tale of George. Although we are not searching for the name but the piece of music

Comment

• rubbernecker

his first hit has a sort of link to the tale of George
                                At the Woodchopper's Ball...?!

Comment

Working...
                                X