This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Norfolk Born

..and there was me trying to think of another Kellogg while munching my breakfast cereal.

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Oh Anna you beauty - that is it!!
      However the L is anton's, I feel
      Yes, of course it is anton's L. That was a good one Ams! I wonder what made you think of it? I've got an iffy ISP connection at the moment and may not be around much today.

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Morning all. Can I ask a question? Had you - Ammy especially, as you set the question - heard of Daniel Kellogg and his hymn, or the other Mr Kellogg and his Sixers? Or did you think: "K" - Kelloggs (as you munched on your crunchy nuts) and put it into google to find other instances of the surname? I only ask, to see if my complete ignorance on these matters is normal, or something I should be worried about

"...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Morning all. Can I ask a question? Had you - Ammy especially, as you set the question - heard of Daniel Kellogg and his hymn, or the other Mr Kellogg and his Sixers? Or did you think: "K" - Kelloggs (as you munched on your crunchy nuts) and put it into google to find other instances of the surname? I only ask, to see if my complete ignorance on these matters is normal, or something I should be worried about

i think it's very unfair of you to use your professional access to CCTV footage to spy on my processes, Caliban

You have of course missed out the important step in my 'thinking' - K= Kellogg= Road To Wellville =Matthew B's bum!

Otherwise it was very much as you describe, but I was rather proud of the misdirection over the sporting team from the North East which fooled anton for ... oooooh ... a millisecond, it seems

Comment

• Anna

In my case the first clue was obviously Mr. Kellogg (there was an interesting documentary about him not long ago so no googling was required) hence I said crunchy nuts and pop tarts, the hymn I got via google, I have never heard of Daniel K. nor The Sixers.

Comment

• amateur51

i think it's very unfair of you to use your professional access to CCTV footage to spy on my processes, Caliban

You have of course missed out the important step in my 'thinking' - K= Kellogg= Road To Wellville =Matthew B's bum!

Otherwise it was very much as you describe, but I was rather proud of the misdirection over the sporting team from the North East which fooled anton for ... oooooh ... a millisecond, it seems
              Mr Broderick's glutes - out of purely scientific interest, you understand

Matthew Broderick in a film directed by Alan Parker in 1994... "The Road to Wellville". The story of Dr. John Harvey Kellogg and his weird methods to keep t...

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                Host
                • Nov 2010

Mr Broderick's glutes - out of purely scientific interest, you understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jnIJAJujo
                Are you sure they didn't get a stunt butt in for that scene?
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• amateur51

Are you sure they didn't get a stunt butt in for that scene?
                  I was asked and that's all I'm prepared to say

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Rest assured - as far as this particular question was concerned, my ignorance was as all-embracing as yours appears to have been. If you REALLY want something to worry about, may I suggest that you prepare yourself for Steve's latest escapade in Blackpool with the delectable Tracy.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                      Rest assured - as far as this particular question was concerned, my ignorance was as all-embracing as yours appears to have been. If you REALLY want something to worry about, may I suggest that you prepare yourself for Steve's latest escapade in Blackpool with the delectable Tracy.
                      Steve?

Steven Norris?

Allegedly

Comment

• Anna

That looks like a fun film Ams, (I had never heard of it) do you recommend that I see it? Anton doesn't seem to have been around this morning, so I guess it's a question of talk amongst yourselves! I've got a bit behind with Corrie so I guess I'll need to see the omni to know what you're talking about.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          That looks like a fun film Ams, (I had never heard of it) do you recommend that I see it? Anton doesn't seem to have been around this morning, so I guess it's a question of talk amongst yourselves! I've got a bit behind with Corrie so I guess I'll need to see the omni to know what you're talking about.
                          I saw it in the kinema, Anna and to be honest I remember very little about it, except for Mr B's buns and Hopkins' ludicrous false teeth. Don't go out of your way to see it but catch it if it's on telly sometime, would be my advice.

Comment

• amateur51

I'm off to sample the delights of Bounds Green, London N11 so have a good afteronon y'all - smothered in factor 50 (for babes & the newborn, it says ) I am

Comment

• Anna

I saw it in the kinema, Anna and to be honest I remember very little about it, except for Mr B's buns
                              Ooh, so it has cookery in it?

Edit: Rest of message deleted as inappropriate.
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-05-11, 13:00.

Comment

• Angle
                                • Dec 2010

Phew! It is warm in London and not made any cooler by people who will get in the way. It is impossible to walk in a straight line for more then a couple of steps. BM very busy but Afghan exhibition really worth seeing. Think I shall have nap before going to the Wallace, just around the corner. No time to puzzle today. Have a good time all

Comment

Working...
                                X