• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Angle View Post
    Phew! It is warm in London and not made any cooler by people who will get in the way. It is impossible to walk in a straight line for more then a couple of steps. BM very busy but Afghan exhibition really worth seeing. Think I shall have nap before going to the Wallace, just around the corner. No time to puzzle today. Have a good time all
    You really are round my stamping or rather cycling ground! Assuming you mean the Wallace Collection rather than the Edgar Wallace pub (known universally as "The Wallace"), not far from where I work which I used to frequent, but not so much in the last 10 years (gone off City pubs)...http://www.fancyapint.com/pubs/pub601.php

Have a great afternoon.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
      Host
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      Steve?

Steven Norris?

Allegedly
      No... ... oh, do try to keep up, Ammy!!

And Ofca, just saw to the end of the Omni - yes the Bank Holiday trip from hell... Hades-on-Sea... Might even try and watch it "live" tonight for a bit of bank holiday weekend atmos!

The Border Agency man was a hoot wasn't he?! Like Alan Bennett's slightly more morose brother

Rather well-written week (tho' Stephanie Cole was sadly absent), including the shocking rear-ending of strange Mary She gets some terrific lines, doesn't she? There was one absolute corker in the traditional Corrie manner of delivering the most outrageous innuendo, almost as if the writers were indulging in private dares to the cast to deliver the lines with a straight face! The classic this week - plump, gently-unhinged Mary talking to the mechanic who's just seen to her 'motor-home':

"When you've travelled alone in foreign lands, you get used to having to service yourself..."

Well it made me titter anyway as it did the mechanic 'Tyrone' who looked as if he was going to burst into laughter the second the director said "cut"

Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 01-05-11, 15:17.

Comment

• Anna

Nice to know that even in London Angle is thinking of us! Never known it so quiet here, Ams is swanning around Bounds Green (no idea where that is), rubbers is on another 100 bike ride, Tapiola is still closeted in a secret location, anton has gone walkabout with an L Shall we hold hands around the table and ask "Is there anybody there"

I missed the omni, thought it was on tomorrow? In fact, apart from The Wedding, the tv hasn't been on at all. All these Bank Hols have confused me as to what day it is. Thank goodness, back to normality on Tuesday. Nice looking pub Caliban, bet it's full of Barristers' Clerks! <swoon>

Edit: Looked at a Tube map - Bounds Green is halfway to Cockfosters!
        Last edited by Guest; 01-05-11, 15:45.

Comment

• Norfolk Born

Anna - there's always the ITV Player, where episodes can be seen for up to a month. My spirits always rise when Mary appears, because it means that there's at least one cracking line on the way. Like many an innocent abroad, she is capable of causing major mayhem and then sailing serenely through it all. I caught the line about 'self-service' and admired Tyrone's self-control in hanging on until the director came to the rescue - but I wonder how many takes it took?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
            Anna - there's always the ITV Player, where episodes can be seen for up to a month. My spirits always rise when Mary appears
            I find viewing on demand both a blessing and a curse in that you spend more time watching programmes that in real life you would have missed and would have said tant pis because of viewing something on another channel (if that makes sense) and who is Mary, I haven't across her in my limited viewing.

Listen on demand on the radio isn't a problem as I just plug me cordless in and are not tied to the computer.

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Mr Broderick's glutes - out of purely scientific interest, you understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8jnIJAJujo
              "I warn you, sir, - an erection is a flagpole on your grave... "

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                "I warn you, sir, - an erection is a flagpole on your grave... "

Well, I wouldn't know about that of course ........ very funny though.

Whilst searching the tube map for Bounds Green (where Ams is promenading) I came across some funny ones like:

Chalfont and Latimer - a pair of 30s hoofers who could have made it into the big time if they had found a Betty

Dollis Hill - a faded silent film star, now best known for attendance at a Private Drinking Club in Soho

Totteridge and Whetstone - Solicitors. You fallen over? Then call us!

Hello, I'm Theydon Bois, resting at the moment Ducky, but here is my friend Hainult (he's very shy)

Stamford Brook - failed 1950s matinee idol. He should have been called Bounds Green!

Comment

• vinteuil
                  • Nov 2010

o but Anna - nearer to home - I'm quite often asked

if I know the way to Turnham Green -

no, sez I - but I know a man as can!

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                    o but Anna
                    Anna O? Well, I now have to depart, O don't worry, I won't have hysterics!

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                      Host
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      Anna O? Well, I now have to depart, O don't worry, I won't have hysterics!
                      I have just awoken from an amateur51-style siesta, by Jove I needed that! Whither hast thou departed, Anna? Another one gone... And I have a cup of coffee and the evening session of the snooker to watch

Loved the tube name game. Anna, we should definitely hook up at Tooting Broadway! Toot toot!

Comment

• rubbernecker

"Don't mention the underground in front of Jules"

"Oh really, why not?"

"Let's just say 'e 'ad a bad experience at a station when trying to change from Central to Piccadilly"

"Holborn?"

"Exactly, but 'e's recoverin' now"

"Yes, the cream helped"

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                          "Don't mention the underground in front of Jules"

"Oh really, why not?"

"Let's just say 'e 'ad a bad experience at a station when trying to change from Central to Piccadilly"

"Holborn?"

"Exactly, but 'e's recoverin' now"

"Yes, the cream helped"
                          Up pops Rubbers... I had to repeat that several times to myself before I got it... It depends on knowing the peculiar pronunciation of the Tube announcers.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                            I had to repeat that several times to myself before I got it
                            Not like you at all, Caliban

Comment

• Nick Armstrong
                              Host
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                              Not like you at all, Caliban
                              Well, only with your jokes

Comment

• Anna

Anton is still AWOL.

Anyone fancy a quickie before bedtime? Just for fun? We missed out the Y in the last round, so (not for any points):

Which Y

Is something we do not posses
                                A political slogan
                                Prog rock which could hold the keys to the Pet Shop Boys
                                A satirical comedy which ran to 38 episodes

Comment

Working...
                                X