X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooo in'she bold! What a good idea. Let's have a think

PS Prog rock made me immediately think Yes
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      "I warn you, sir, - an erection is a flagpole on your grave... "

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
        Ooo in'she bold! What a good idea. Let's have a think

PS Prog rock made me immediately think Yes
        And, Coeur de Visage, would you like to elaborate?

Comment

So the band YES (don't understand the Pet Shop Boys link tho )

Oh! and Yes (Prime) Minister !!!

Comment

Yes We Can
            Yes (Prime) Minister

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
              So the band YES (don't understand the Pet Shop Boys link tho )

Oh! and Yes (Prime) Minister !!!
              Oh, Caliban is firing on all cylinders. Yes, prog rock leading you to the latest Pet Shop Boys cd which is titled 'Yes' Actually, it's not very good. And the key to that is of course Keys to Ancescion. And, Yes Minister.

Now, what do we not posess and a political slogan?

Edit: curses on page not refreshing, Ofca has got the Obama

Comment

I now realize that Anna has tricked us into accepting her invitation to 'a quickie before bedtime'. Fooled again!

Comment

Yes, we have no bananas

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                    Nice to know that even in London Angle is thinking of us! Never known it so quiet here, Ams is swanning around Bounds Green (no idea where that is), rubbers is on another 100 bike ride, Tapiola is still closeted in a secret location, anton has gone walkabout with an L Shall we hold hands around the table and ask "Is there anybody there"

I missed the omni, thought it was on tomorrow? In fact, apart from The Wedding, the tv hasn't been on at all. All these Bank Hols have confused me as to what day it is. Thank goodness, back to normality on Tuesday. Nice looking pub Caliban, bet it's full of Barristers' Clerks! <swoon>

Edit: Looked at a Tube map - Bounds Green is halfway to Cockfosters!
                    Cue for a touch of the old Max Miller :

Ere's a funny thing ... ere's funny thing ... I was on my way 'ome last night .... now there IS a funny thing .... no lady ask him after .... I was on the underground when all of a sudden the lights went out. This woman's voice said "Is this Cockfosters?" "Miller's the name, lady" I said, "Miller" .....

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                      I now realize that Anna has tricked us into accepting her invitation to 'a quickie before bedtime'. Fooled again!

And you got it Yes, We Have No Bananas
                      Only a bit of silliness

Comment

....and very welcome, too, especially after the first episode (grim but brilliant) of the new BBC1 three-parter 'Exile'.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          Cue for a touch of the old Max Miller :

Ere's a funny thing ... ere's funny thing ... I was on my way 'ome last night .... now there IS a funny thing .... no lady ask him after .... I was on the underground when all of a sudden the lights went out. This woman's voice said "Is this Cockfosters?" "Miller's the name, lady" I said, "Miller" .....

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                            ....and very welcome, too, especially after the first episode (grim but brilliant) of the new BBC1 three-parter 'Exile'.
                            Yes a nice little dram before bed from Anna!

Was that series worth following then, Ofca? Sounds like it! I was snookering and recording Brenda Blethyn in her new detective series...

Comment

There was a really good, couple of months ago, series of progs on BBC4 about variety and Max Miller. Anyway, Caliban and Ofca, really quick the both of you, off the mark like greased ferrets.

I watched Vera with Brenda Blethyn, cannot stand snooker.
                              Last edited by Guest; 01-05-11, 22:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                There was a really good, couple of months ago, series of progs on BBC4 about variety and Max Miller. Anyway, Caliban and Ofca, really quick the both of you, off the mark like greased ferrets.
                                Saw that, very interesting - esp the reason for Max's lurid suits. My dad tells me tales of being taken to the variety when young by a racy uncle (it was far too vulgar for his mother )

Comment

Working...
                                X