This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
    While we're waiting, and inspired by Anna's Y, may I offer a Z just for fun?
    What Z links:
    (a) Bad behaviour the year Hitler came to power
    (b) Some really great-sounding fleshy fruit
    (c) A Queen's Master of Music?
    Dunno Ofca, I've been messing around with zombies and zeppelins!! Only possibles so far are

a) signing of agreement with Zionists (but that is only from google)
    c) Handel - The Ways of Zion do Mourn

Edit: No, that must be totally wrong, can't find any fruits
    Last edited by Guest; 02-05-11, 18:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

It was just a pie and a pint!! I'm easily pleased, you know

Chilly wind out there, despite the beautiful sunshine and blue skies! Now: the snooooooker
      Just a pie and a pint

Describe that pie!

Name that pint!

I'm lusting for details here [a day out in Bounds Green won't assuage this lust for long tha' knows]

How goes the snooker?

Comment

Ams, I was wondering about the pie as well, I suspect it was really posh don't you? Probably a Game one, not your usual Gastropub offering. Any thoughts on the Z?
        Last edited by Guest; 02-05-11, 18:28.

Comment

Snooker just about to re-start - the evening session, to the death! (Metaphorically-speaking )

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
          Just a pie and a pint

Not a posh pie at all - just a basic, very nice pork pie, with some salad and chutney... washed down with a pint of Shepherd Neame 'Spitfire' ale. One of my 2 or 3 favourites - along with Adnams' 'Broadside', Hook Norton's 'Old Hooky' and Ringwood's 'Old Thumper' I think. Those are rather more difficult to find in London...

I'll be thinking about the bonus "Z"...
          "...the isle is full of noises,
          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Not a posh pie at all - just a basic, very nice pork pie, with some salad and chutney... washed down with a pint of Shepherd Neame 'Spitfire' ale.
            Garçon! A pork pie for the man in the pork pie hat s’il vous plaît ! Spitfire ......... that's usually on offer at Wetherspoons! Caliban been slumming it? I am off (not to the snooker) but to my version of a gastropub meal. My butcher's finest homemade bangers, grilled cherry toms and mash. English mustard of course.

Comment

... wasn't Zelter Queen Victoria's music teacher?

Not sure it helps tho' ...

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                Garçon! A pork pie for the man in the pork pie hat s’il vous plaît ! Spitfire ......... that's usually on offer at Wetherspoons! Caliban been slumming it?
                Oh, my eating habits are rather less sophistiqué than yours by and large, Anna
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Z: there's really nothing to it.....

Comment

En l'année 19xx, j'étais un élève très méchant.

Comment

Eh bien, je reviens à dix heures - when I hope the class has learned to behave properly.

Comment

Snooker just about to re-start - the evening session, to the death! (Metaphorically-speaking )

Not a posh pie at all - just a basic, very nice pork pie, with some salad and chutney... washed down with a pint of Shepherd Neame 'Spitfire' ale. One of my 2 or 3 favourites - along with Adnams' 'Broadside', Hook Norton's 'Old Hooky' and Ringwood's 'Old Thumper' I think. Those are rather more difficult to find in London...

I'll be thinking about the bonus "Z"...
                        Mmmm a good pork pie is a wondrous thing of great pleasure & delight I reckon (especially if there's jelly involved - NOT the tangerine variety ).

Adnams' Broadside is one of my faves too, tho' in The Salusbury in Queen's Park I became famous in a kinda irritating way for being the dodderer who insisted on asking for 'a pint of Broadband' ... oh how they laughed & pointed!

Words, eh?

Slippery lickle suckers, I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          Ams, I was wondering about the pie as well, I suspect it was really posh don't you? Probably a Game one, not your usual Gastropub offering. Any thoughts on the Z?
                          The only z-word my mind offers at the moment is 'zeugma' so there you go!

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                            Z: there's really nothing to it.....
                            Zilch?

As in Fanny Zilch and Jonas Zilch Pomegranate?

Comment

Short of actually giving you the answer: What Z connects a 1933 French film, a track by the Smashing Pumpkins and a work by an English composer who sounds as if he's in a very happy state?
                              EDITED so as to make it even easier!
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-05-11, 22:30.

Comment

You go away for a few hours and it's time for Z already !!

Comment

Working...
                                X