X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, it's what I used to hate about tennis until Federer came along. All those big serve and volley players. No rallies and over in a flash. I promise I shall confine myself to a spell in Purgatorio after this:

Would 'E be first herd by the Concertgebouw rebels in 1982, I wonder?

There are three musical clues contained in the above :cool2:

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Taps - me too! Him and that Liszt bloke

I shall not rise to the bait, my dear Caliban. <emoticon for halo>

Dreary old Delius

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
        More like gasps of admiration at the way you two can read each other's mind and set, and answer, questions so quickly.
        I've been peeking in but no time to think about the puzzles, so, a question: Do people, and thinking here of rubbers in particular, have a set of ready prepared questions from A to Z so that you can always come back with the next one?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          I've been peeking in but no time to think about the puzzles, so, a question: Do people, and thinking here of rubbers in particular, have a set of ready prepared questions from A to Z so that you can always come back with the next one?
          I certainly don't, but I suspect some people do. I can't believe that the current 'E' hadn't been lying in wait for some considerable time. Never mind ....Corrie tonight! (I agree with you about there being no time to think before one of the Dynamic Duo is in there with the answer - to be followed promptly by the next question).

Comment

a question: Do people ... have a set of ready prepared questions from A to Z so that you can always come back with the next one?
            ... very much not. Which is why sometimes I may know the answer but not wish to claim the prize 'cos I have no inspiration for a subsequent clue

Comment

thinking here of rubbers in particular

I have nothing pre-prepared, except for an N which I've been waiting to foist upon everyone at some point...

Comment

'First herd' sounds as though it might have something to do with Woody Herman. (I just thought I'd slip that in before it was too late!)

Comment

'First herd' sounds as though it might have something to do with Woody Herman. (I just thought I'd slip that in before it was too late!)
                  Don't stop now, Ofca. The hare's off and running and the dogs are in wild pursuit...!

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post

Looks like a ménage à quatre which almost rivals Angle's fivesome

Who did you have in mind???

(To paraphrase the final line of a favourite limerick: Who does what, with what, and to whom??? )
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

well I'm getting nowhere with this, if that's any comfort

that spelling of herd I presume is significant

Comment

Ebony (that was ofca's fault)

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                          ... very much not. Which is why sometimes I may know the answer but not wish to claim the prize 'cos I have no inspiration for a subsequent clue
                          Oh, same as me vinteuil which is why I sometimes just come in with one component or don't continue. Memo to self: Must plan ahead more!

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                            Ebony (that was ofca's fault)
                            Excuse me?

Comment

Excuse me?
                              you said Woody Herman

though I don't know how you got that from herd

Comment

Excuse me?
                                Oh, Ofca. I did try and warn you... The dogs round here are swift and as soon as they are on the scent the quarry is in their jaws within seconds.

Go on Mercia, let's see if you can strip the carcass...

Comment

Working...
                                X