This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Anna

rubbers knocked off his velocipede!! Oh Dear. Arnica is the best thing for bruises, in tablets and especially cream, do try that.

Well, as to the E, it was mercia or vinteuil, merce couldn't due to commitments and vints has gone walkabout. Angle suggested requisitioning my talents (although that would have to be an application in triplicate, submitted through the usual channels of course) so, at the moment, there is no E we is Eyeless in Gaza, so to speak.

Comment

• rubbernecker

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      rubbers knocked off his velocipede!! Oh Dear. Arnica is the best thing for bruises, in tablets and especially cream, do try that.
      Bless you. Arnica? I've heard of that, except I keep thinking it's by Picasso.
      Is it one of those homeopathic remedies?

I can't say I'm a homeopath: I've always been very tolerant of our gay brethren

However, as a cycling hardman, I can assure you I have an efficacious range of salves, balms and unguents

I will update the list tomorrow, in the meantime can I entreat and/or prevail upon you to give us an E, Anna?
      Last edited by Guest; 17-05-11, 18:06. Reason: typo

Comment

• vinteuil
        • Nov 2010

okely dokely - i'll come up wiv an E in a cuppla mins...

... so: what E might connect:

Poppea, Rosenkavalier, and February 1824?

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
          Bless you. Arnica? I've heard of that, except I keep thinking it's by Picasso.
          Is it one of those homeopathic remedies?

I can't say I'm a homeopath: I've always been very tolerant of our gay brethren
          Yes, the cream is marvellous as I know when I had an accident and my Doctor said he had never known anyone to heal so quickly

However, as a cycling hardman, I can assure you I have efficacious range of salves, balms and unguents
          I'm sure you have Ducky, shaving your legs does require a bit of soothing afterwards doesn't it?

I will update the list tomorrow, in the meantime can I entreat and/or prevail upon you to give us an E, Anna?
          Well, I could, but it would be a bit of a silly one and not terribly esoteric or obscure.

Edit: There seems to be a high rate of cross posting here, vints is coming up with the goods

Comment

• Angle
            • Dec 2010

I think I am at risk of becoming restive so, to keep the ball rolling and to settle who should pose the E, I take it upon myself to offer ANOTHER D. Shoot me down if this is not agreeable but here goes:

The following have a D in common:

Was officially born 9 June 1934, and wore no trousers except when swimming?
            Was born just over a year later, won two Golden Globes and a Walk of Fame in two countries?
            Fled in 1951 with another guy?

None of the clues are musical and neither is the solution.

Comment

• vinteuil
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Angle View Post
              I think I am at risk of becoming restive so, to keep the ball rolling and to settle who should pose the E, I take it upon myself to offer ANOTHER D. Shoot me down if this is not agreeable but here goes:

The following have a D in common:

Was officially born 9 June 1934, and wore no trousers except when swimming?
              Was born just over a year later, won two Golden Globes and a Walk of Fame in two countries?
              Fled in 1951 with another guy?

None of the clues are musical and neither is the solution.
              ... I suspect a Donald? Duck or otherwise... and perhaps MacLean??

Comment

• Anna

You wait all day for a puzzle - and two come along at the same time!!

Comment

• vinteuil
                  • Nov 2010

donald duck
                  donald sutherland
                  donald maclean...

Comment

• Angle
                    • Dec 2010

A bonus point to Vinteuil but now I see that we have an E from Anna.

Comment

• Anna

Seems good to go vinteuil!! So, if Angle says Yea, we are onto your E. Meanwhile I will go and sort my take on a famous Basque recipe.

Edit: Post 6251, vinteuil posted the E He said

... so: what E might connect:

Poppea, Rosenkavalier, and February 1824?

Comment

• Angle
                        • Dec 2010

Oops. All the required toing and froing threw me.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          [COLOR="blue"]
                          Gave me visions of you swiping the meat from her plate while she wasn't looking.
                          You must know the story of Edward Heath with his 'beard' (female minder) at some formal banquet or other? This was during the decades of The Sulk and his minder noticed that Heath was sitting like a dark cloud over the proceedings, with his shoulder half-turned to the woman on his left. So she scribbled him a note saying "For God's sake, speak to the woman on your left!"

On receiving this, Heath glanced leftwards, scribbled his reply and returned it - "I already have"

He was supposed to have been perfectly nice once he decided you were 'safe' but lordy what work it must have been getting there

Comment

• Anna

Originally posted by Angle View Post
                            Oops. All the required toing and froing threw me.
                            Yes, easily done Ducks, I shall keep me E under wraps until the moment comes

I am now offline for a while.
                            Last edited by Guest; 17-05-11, 19:17.

Comment

• amateur51

The house is in a mess with decorators in, and a lorry knocked me off my bicycle on the way to work today, (fortunately I escaped uninjured) other than that things are all perfectly normal (unless this present outpouring entails I am suffering some latent brain damage ). What is happening with E?
                              Oh my giddy aunt, I misread this as 'outpouring of entrails' - and envisaged poor rubbers all squelched and bloodied at the roadside. Thank goodness I was wrong! (dizzy mare!)

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                Seems good to go vinteuil!! So, if Angle says Yea, we are onto your E. Meanwhile I will go and sort my take on a famous Basque recipe.
                                Is that a recipe from Northern Spain or one which you prepare while wearing an item of lingerie Anna?!?

I don't think the item of clothing depicted is very practical kitchen attire ... but then maybe that's the idea?

In this 1931 film Prime Minister Ramsay MacDonald talks of the daily fluctuations in the value of the pound and its effects on housewives; he appeals for sup...

Comment

Working...
                                X