X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    [COLOR="blue"]
    I used to find her unlistenable-to, largely because of her adjectival diarrhoea
    To me, this epithet might well apply to Catherine Bott, except that I still find her unlistenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
      it can't be Jones, so it must be...

Jarvi.

Neeme (born 1937), Paavo (born 1962) and Kristjan (born 1972) - all conductors born in Tallinn.
      Apologies for the delay. Paavo and Kristjan of course being Neeme's sons.

Well done, Taps.

You get the dubious honour of trying to drum up another K

Comment

To me, this epithet might well apply to Catherine Bott, except that I still find her unlistenable.
        Oh I like her a lot, especially the trouble she takes to pronounce what others might call 'furrinlengwagez' ;smiley:

Comment

Just out of a strange meeting and about to depart for home, where I may have very limited access to the interweb, so apologies if a) responses are sporadic and b) this hastily conceived "K" is not up to usual standards. In other words, it's very easy indeed:

What K might connect certain passages of the Adagio from Mahler's 10th, certain works by Schoenberg and a certain arrangement of a Bach ricercar?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
            you nearly had me trying to look up a Bach cantata called

Fur in lang war es
            Sorry, mercia - very good.

It was my attempt at Mr Cholmondley-Warner

From Harry Enfield's Television Programme, Series Two. Mr Cholmondeley-Warner An early 20th century television presenter (played by Jon Glover) who, with his...

And his friend My Grayson, natch

Comment

Just out of a strange meeting and about to depart for home, where I may have very limited access to the interweb, so apologies if a) responses are sporadic and b) this hastily conceived "K" is not up to usual standards. In other words, it's very easy indeed:

What K might connect certain passages of the Adagio from Mahler's 10th, certain works by Schoenberg and a certain arrangement of a Bach ricercar?
              One listener, a Mr Stephen Fry, has just twittered "could that be K for Köchel numbers, Miss Peach?' What a charming idea, Mr Fry. Here's a recording of Vilem Tausky and his City Slickers with Bald's Night on Mountain by someone in D flat as a reward. By the way it's 'Pietsch' pronounced Peach so you were jolly well nearly there

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                One listener, a Mr Stephen Fry, has just twittered "could that be K for Köchel numbers, Miss Peach?' What a charming idea, Mr Fry. Here's a recording of Vilem Tausky and his City Slickers with Bald's Night on Mountain by someone in D flat as a reward. By the way it's 'Pietsch' pronounced Peach so you were jolly well nearly there
                Nurse, it's time for Mr Amateur to take his pills! No, not those!! The big red ones!!!
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                  Nurse, it's time for Mr Amateur to take his pills! No, not those!! The big red ones!!!
                  Thank goodness you said that Caliban

I thought I was missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
                    Klangfarbenmelodie?
                    Excellent work, mercia. Woud you care to expand upon the Bach ricercar in question?

The "L" is all yours...

Comment

Woud you care to expand upon the Bach ricercar in question?
                      of course I would

um, Webern's orchestration of the six-part ricercar from the Musical Offering?

I hope

I must read up on this K word, it sounds interesting

Comment

Sir, sir, I know!

Comment

But this is a not a good time, what with Mahler's Eighth on BBC 4

Comment

Seems there's even a Klangfarben Orchestra

Comment

(just watching Mahler 8 on BBC 4. I do find those fugal passages in the first movement exciting. The tense feeling that it might all just fall apart!!)

an L please who

married in Gretna Green, was the dedicatee of a Liszt <sad face> concerto and wrote an opera on "The Incorruptible"

all one person

Comment

Klangfarbenmelodien all round I think! Make them doubles You are both making me envious of the fact that I am in no position to watch BBC4 presently.

Now to L...

Why the sad face mercia? We all love Ferencz around these parts

Comment

Working...
                                X