This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
    Which adjective beginning with N connects performers associated with (a) a repeated colour, (b) an unhappy start to the working week and (c) a group of teenagers on top of a hill?
    New

New Vaudeville Band: Green Street Green (whose 'Winchester Cathedral' has featured on AA before)
    New Order: Blue Monday
    New Seekers: I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (as used in the famous Coke commercial)

I'm disappointed "a Sat-Nav misdirection" didn't figure in the clues
    Last edited by Guest; 21-05-11, 06:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      Almost irresistible to use the old line: "last time I saw a sample like that, the whole herd had to be put down"....

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post

Now - looking forward to the BAL on Schubert's D898 trio Over and out till later!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
          New

New Vaudeville Band: Green Street Green (whose 'Winchester Cathedral' has featured on AA before)
          New Order: Blue Monday
          New Seekers: I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing (as used in the famous Coke commercial)

I'm disappointed "a Sat-Nav misdirection" didn't figure in the clues
          Two out of three - or, put another way, four out of four. To paraphrase an earlier message to one contributor - possibly me - from another - possibly you : 'You didn't expect me to make it that easy (i.e. by including the New Vaudeville Band again) did you?'
          Had I known you wanted more elements, I could of course have also referred to 'recently arrived youngsters in the neighbourhood'.
          Your first answer, while wrong in both respects, is almost right in one.

Comment

Two out of three - or, put another way, four out of four. To paraphrase an earlier message to one contributor - possibly me - from another - possibly you : 'You didn't expect me to make it that easy (i.e. by including the New Vaudeville Band again) did you?'
            Had I known you wanted more elements, I could of course have also referred to 'recently arrived youngsters in the neighbourhood'.
            Your first answer, while wrong in both respects, is almost right in one.
            Having now established that New Kids on the Block have not covered The Green Green Grass of Home, I'm going to have to pass...

Comment

A member of the group you're still looking for went on to have a hit single in his own right despite the record in question being placed on a restricted playlist, and even banned for a time, by Auntie.

Comment

'The Eastern world, it is exploding....'

Comment

Green Green by the New Christy Minstrels. You dragged it out of me in the end

Without further ado,

What O connects a work by a Bach offshoot set in the wild west, a work in a language not dead but petrified, and a song from a wasted evening?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post

Edit: Does Colin Fishwick meet a sticky end tonight?
                    It's a Corrie omnibus end to the afternoon... I'll know soon. No spoilers Ofca! But Tchaikovsky 6 has just made an appearance... in the rather good scene in the basement of their house when Charlotte's parents confront him with his lies.. and now high tension about what happened to the old folks... (Heavy hint in his slightly psychotic chopping of a cucumber in following scene....

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                      Green Green by the New Christy Minstrels. You dragged it out of me in the end

Without further ado,

What O connects a work by a Bach offshoot set in the wild west, a work in a language not dead but petrified, and a song from a wasted evening?
                      Rubbers I'm turning that nice little twister over in the brain... Looks like one of your un-googlable specials!

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        Rubbers I'm turning that nice little twister over in the brain... Looks like one of your un-googlable specials!
                        Not entirely... and I'm quite surprised you haven't already got the third clue

Comment

Oedipus Rex (track on a Tom Lehrer album), Oedipus Marshall (film by Javier Tellez)?

Comment

Oedipus Rex (track on a Tom Lehrer album)
                            That's the one I thought Caliban would get...

Gooo ooonn Ofcaaa, gooo oonnn my soonn!

Comment

Well done Ofca! Would the first one be PDQ Bach (Peter Schickele) Oedipus Tex ?
                              Last edited by Guest; 21-05-11, 18:50. Reason: missed something out

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                                Well done Ofca! Would the first one be PDQ Bach (Peter Schickele) Oedipus Tex ?
                                Anna It most certainly would!

Comment

Working...
                                X