This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Angle View Post
    Heavens. Q's been and gone while I was writing!
    By the time I get this posted I half expected to witness the back of P.
    Listen, the wind is rising but the air is still not filled with leaves. Slates on?
    Blimey Angle, the boys are steaming ahead and it's a rubbers Special S!!

Comment

May the Lord preserve us. rubberneckers got there first.

Well done Mister.

Comment

I think I need a tea to get over the vapours.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          Curses Rubbers I was preparing to type that!! We've had the 'branch' pun before! And the Cantique is the only early Fauré I can think of (composed in Rennes, I believe).
          I have been guilty of utilising the branch pun myself. I'm more than happy for you to set an S, Caliban, in fact that would be very welcome.

Surprised no one nailed the third Oedipus clue. Stravinsky set Cocteau's text for his Oedipus Rex in Latin, famously describing it as "a medium not dead but turned to stone"

Comment

cut and paste?

Comment

I think I need a tea to get over the vapours.
              Oh, we love you Angle Sometimes, on this thread, I feel I am adrift in a lifeboat but without Grace Darling.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
                I'm not sure that this game deserves the time and effort Angle is putting into it !

Angle, if I may offer a tip, answer first and finesse later. Your Racine answer was so beautifully expounded that I feel, should Caliban decline, you deserve the honour of setting S

Comment

Leave S to Caliban. It will take his mind off Corrie.

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
                    I have been guilty of utilising the branch pun myself. I'm more than happy for you to set an S, Caliban, in fact that would be very welcome.

Surprised no one nailed the third Oedipus clue. Stravinsky set Cocteau's text for his Oedipus Rex in Latin, famously describing it as "a medium not dead but turned to stone"
                    I got that! I said it was a quotation, no-one picked up on it. Cos I didn't want to set the next. "a medium not dead but turned to stone." said Strav, becos, he had it translated to Latin but originally considered Greek. Innit?

Edit: my message 6328 I think
                    Last edited by Guest; 22-05-11, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      I got that! I said it was a quotation, no-one picked up on it. Cos I didn't want to set the next. "a medium not dead but turned to stone." said Strav, becos, he had it translated to Latin but originally considered Greek. Innit?
                      Such modesty As Ofca was the first to crack 'yer acshual' Oedipus I don't think there was much danger of your being in the frame to set the P

And even if offered, you could have sweetly declined. As I am doing with S...

Comment

Such modesty As Ofca was the first to crack 'yer acshual' Oedipus I don't think there was much danger of your being in the frame to set the P

And even if offered, you could have sweetly declined. As I am doing with S...
                        Gosh, ain't we being polite in a totally waspish way?

Edit: Am now offline fot a while
                        Last edited by Guest; 22-05-11, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          Gosh, ain't we being polite in a totally waspish way?
                          Ouch, that'll teach me No sting intended, I assure you, Anna...

Comment

Leave S to Caliban. It will take his mind off Corrie.

There's rather a lot going on this weekend besides cobble-based amusements... but I have a little "S" I could finesse in a few moments, as long as you are sure?
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

There's rather a lot going on this weekend besides cobble-based amusements... but I have a little "S" I could finesse in a few moments, as long as you are sure?
                              Never been surer, thanks!

Comment

Never been surer, thanks!
                                Four elements to connect to the "S"

Alone, on two heaths, with an annoying insect.
                                "...the isle is full of noises,
                                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Working...
                                X