This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EDIT:
    I thought the basic idea of this game was that somebody set a question, somebody answered it correctly, or clues were offered if necessary until somebody got the right answer, and the person who got the right answer (or made the greatest contribution to the correct answer) set the next question. I don't think that ultimata and unilaterally imposed deadlines should form any part of the proceedings.
    Last edited by Guest; 24-05-11, 23:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
      If no-one completes the W before I rise in the morning, I shall finish it off (announces Angle).

I don't think ultimata or unilaterally imposed deadlines are really the way ahead. However, if you REALLY can't wait and DO 'finish it off', I shall be interested to see on what basis you pass the baton for the next question.
      Walter, Walter, Lead me to the altar

Eric Walter White (Strav)

John Walter (re Luther King)

And, oh, if I am correct, I have an X, Y, or Z. Bad move on my part.

Edit: You may may wait for a while

Comment

I'm sure you're right, Anna - congratulations are in order - and I'm equally sure that you'll allow us to answer your question in the time-honoured way as outlined in my message #6559. We can't have people playing fast and loose with the rules, what?

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
          I'm sure you're right, Anna - congratulations are in order - and I'm equally sure that you'll allow us to answer your question in the time-honoured way as outlined in my message #6559. We can't have people playing fast and loose with the rules, what?
          Edit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFmSQKv8yF8
          Last edited by Guest; 24-05-11, 23:41.

Comment

Morning Each!

Well I must tender my most sincere apologies for my rule infraction - You have rumbled that fact that I have rentered a dupe

And Anna has done sterling work in identifyting Walter as my W.

Not only that she has correctly identified parts 1 and 3.

However, Eric Walter White is not the answer to part 2.

So, while this is indeed an invalid puzzle, there remains one element left to solve.

Would anyone care to crack on with part 2 or shall I do a reveal and slink off in shame & wassername??

EDIT: This singer from Yorkshire called Walter died the day after singing Lohengrin's Farewell at the Proms in 1949
            Last edited by Guest; 25-05-11, 07:30. Reason: additional clue

Comment

morning

thanks for the massive clue

that would be Mr Widdop
              Last edited by mercia; 25-05-11, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                morning

thanks for the massive clue

that would be Mr Widdop

(I'm guessing he will be one of the soloists in VW's Serenade to Music broadcast Friday-week on Radio 3)
                Bang on the button, mercia - Walter Widdop it is

But I think it is Anna who takes the laurel and the chance to give us an X or Y according to her choice

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                  Bang on the button, mercia - Walter Widdop it is

But I think it is Anna who takes the laurel and the chance to give us an X or Y according to her choice
                  Apologies for late appearance - totally hectic morning so far - please crack on with the next one mercia

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
                    boo-hoo, surely not me again
                    any volunteers?
                    after all, this is the big society
                    Sorry mercia, I am likely to be offline for the majority of the day, maybe someone who hasn't set one lately? Caliban perhaps? Btw, whatever happened to Anton?

Comment

Now, whose been playing fast and loose with the rules on such a nice day?

I get up and just as I hoped, W has been answered, so I can relax now.

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
                        Now, whose been playing fast and loose with the rules on such a nice day?
                        Not really playing fast and loose Angle, circumstances dictate that I cannot set one at the moment and it has been known in the past for the baton to be handed over which is what mercia was doing in asking if their were any volunteers. However, I'm sure he'll come up with something shortly.

Comment

I don't think that is breaking the rules, Anna. The game has evolved and we play knowing each other, making allowances for such things as busy days and prior engagements. For my part, I enjoy it all immensely but am sometimes conscious of the fact that I have set a lot of games recently and wish to stand back now and then to give others a chance, I hope that everyone enjoys this sunny day and look forward to the next.

By the way, the game has been round so many times now that the options for X, Y and Z are becoming quite limited. Couldn't we all agree that after W we just go straight to A - unless the new setter may pose an X, Y or Z at his or her own discretion ?

Now, who's setting the next one?

Best wishes.

Comment

Ah, Mercia A bit of cross-posting.

Go ahead with the A, it's a bit of overtime

Comment

Angle is obviously wide awake at the moment so here is an X

X to connect

- a kindergarten in Nantes
                              - a digitising tablet linked to a computer
                              - a big white prize shared with Stevie Wonder

Comment

a digitising tablet linked to a computer
                                I keep wanting to say XBox but beyond that I cannot go.

Are all the elements Musical, Mercia ?

Comment

Working...
                                X