• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X is a composer who was involved directly with these 3 elements

not many X composers about, I'm sure you would agree
    probably not many kindergartens in Nantes either

Comment

I didn't know he had worked with Le Corbusier and beyond that I shall not go because I now have to go out and won't be back until about 7. Thanks for the tip, Mercia.

Comment

Not much progress being made today? I do hope none of our legal eagles work for Schillings! A certain newspaper has really been sticking the knife in!

On the basis that the most famous composer beginning with an X is Xenakis then it seems he won the Polar Music Prize, the kindergarten is on top of an apartment block called Reze (sorry cannot do accents) but I am lost with the second clue about computers except he did compose computer generated music.

Edit: I agree with Angle in that X, Y, Z is at the discretion of the setter although Y initially doesn't seem to be difficult in reality I think it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          .. the kindergarten is on top of an apartment block called Rezé ...
          too good to be true...

La Perverie – Kindergarten & Primary School
          Co-ed, ages 3-10
          59 rue de la Perverie
          44300 Nantes, France

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            too good to be true...

Co-ed, ages 3-10
            59 rue de la Perverie
            44300 Nantes, France
            Whoops! Then I got that wrong!! Over to you now vinteuil!

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
              I didn't know he had worked with Le Corbusier .
              ... as in -

EDIT - My wikiarquitectura link doesn't seem to work. But if you google Nantes Reze you can reach the article about the Unité d'Habitation at Rezé - hence le Corbusier...

Comment

Reminds me of the abuse cases a few years ago at Feltham Young Offenders Centre. You couldn't make it up and all very unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                  Whoops! Then I got that wrong!! Over to you now vinteuil!
                  No, Anna, my smutty mind was just taken by Perverie...

My wikiarquitectura link doesn't seem to work. But if you google Nantes Reze you can reach the article about the Unité d'Habitation at Rezé - hence le Corbusier...

Comment

No, Anna, my smutty mind was just taken by Perverie...

My wikiarquitectura link doesn't seem to work. But if you google Nantes Reze you can reach the article about the Unité d'Habitation at Rezé - hence le Corbusier...
                    Oh, my non-smutty mind failed me with your reference! I can't remember where I got my Rezé reference from now.

Edit: would the computer clue refer to UPIC?
                    Last edited by Guest; 25-05-11, 16:53.

Comment

oops - just logged in to find things have been busy

indeed Xenakis and his Polar prize and his kindergarten
                      anyone want to stab at this computer system he developed in or up to 1979?

otherwise who wants to set Y, Z or A? Anna? Vinteuil?

EDIT: oops again, yep UPIC was the thingy I had in mind

must be Anna's turn

Comment

hello mercia, I do feel a bit bad for landing you in the role of quizmaster it by not being available today. If I can, I will omit the Y (looking at the list I see it's frequently done) and do a quick, easy (silly?) A? I shall be offline from 9pm until 11pm approx I'm afraid but it'll be solved long before then.

So: What A refers to

She definitely has a point
                        Hello Dolly, is it novel in Russian?
                        An Opera about one of a group of six
                        Actually, I am not backward in coming forward and promoting myself
                        Last edited by Guest; 25-05-11, 17:28.

Comment

Well ... there's an author (apparently well known, but not to me) called Anna South; there's Tolstoy's novel Anna Karenina; there's a new opera about Anna Nicole Smith; and there's Anna of Alphabet Associations fame (whose name happens to be palindromic).

Comment

(I suppose showjumper Anna Sharp could also be said to have a point. )

Comment

That was very well done, Ofca. It looks as though you should set the B but perhaps you wish to wait for Anna's approval. There'll be no-one else here tonight.
                              For now it's Goodnight from me. Bye.

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                                Well ... there's an author (apparently well known, but not to me) called Anna South; there's Tolstoy's novel Anna Karenina; there's a new opera about Anna Nicole Smith; and there's Anna of Alphabet Associations fame (whose name happens to be palindromic).
                                Yes, it is A for Anna!

Anna Pavolva was the first to use wooden blocks in her shoes (points), Anna Karenina features Dolly, the Opera was Anna Boleyn (one of 6 wives) and Anna backwards/forwards is a palindrome. So the B is yours. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                                X