X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not being up-to-date, I am puzzled not least by "CIV". mm.

Comment

You've got as far on that as I have, Mercia but which ?

Comment

Vaughan Williams - Quasi Variazione on Old 104 Psalm ?

Comment

and then Quasimodo isin at least four operas, some of them called Esmerelda, probably rather busy ringing bells.

Well done, Anna and thanks
          Come on Mercia, could it be Beethoven?

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
            and then Quasimodo isin at least four operas, some of them called Esmerelda, probably rather busy ringing bells.

Well done, Anna and thanks
            Come on Mercia, could it be Beethoven?
            Well done, all! Told you it was an easy one! Quasimodo in Schmidt's Notre Dame was the bell-ringer I had in mind.

There's a recording of VW's Fantasia (quasi variazione) on the Old 104th featuring our own Peter Katin.
            Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Mercia has given the Beethoven Sonata reference but what has happened to our inquistor?

Comment

Oh, a cross-post. Sorry, IGI

Comment

Great question and some very neat solving from the team (if I weren't scurrying around on account of houseguests arriving tomorrow for 8 weeks I might have made a little headway with that, after Anna's (Lucy's ?!?!) perceptive opener...)
                  "...the isle is full of noises,
                  Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                  Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                  Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
                    nice Q question, liked that
                    So did I! Now, no clear winner and I have to attend to kitchen prep, so either mercia or Angle shall set the next one I guess.

Edit: Houseguests for 8 weeks - blimey Caliban you're a very brave man! That'll cost you a small fortune!

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
                      please, not me

I've been around this game too much lately
                      Yes, and you've been brilliant if I may say so. You deserve a bit of a rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        Yes, and you've been brilliant if I may say so. You deserve a bit of a rest.
                        You are such a sweetie Lucy-Anna!

And I am such a dummy Just relaxing with a cuppa and the Corrie omnibus - I've only just twigged why they are making such a fuss about the drains under the factory having to be dug up... The disposal of the corpse of ? was prior to my Corrie viewing phase...

Comment

So did I! Now, no clear winner and I have to attend to kitchen prep, so either mercia or Angle shall set the next one I guess.

Edit: Houseguests for 8 weeks - blimey Caliban you're a very brave man! That'll cost you a small fortune!
                          A small fortune in side-lights alone, as we know Anna

Well done all - I'd hate to be around when IGI sets a toughie! - you all worked magnificently, it was all a blur to me

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                            A small fortune in side-lights alone, as we know Anna
                            One of the reasons I didn't splurge out on that impulse to go and hear Claudio conduct "Lied von der Erde" in Berlin....

But I am so damn pleased with those touch-control side lights, Ammy! I reckon I've had good value out of them already!
                            Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 28-05-11, 17:16. Reason: I plurged instead of splurging. Never a good idea.

Comment

Oh, Anna's busy, again, and Mercia doesn't want to so to keep the ball rolling:

What R connects

a symphonic poem about summer,got an Irishman writing again, despite that he, himself, stopped writing at 19, was operatically described as the son of the sun?

Comment

So now I wonder what led Lucy to become Anna - why change such a lovely name ?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Congrats on those side-lights, Caliban!

Comment

Working...
                                X