X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rimbaud correct
    Pastorale d'ete Honegger correct
    van Morrison correct

I should give this to Anton because he has hit on Ferrero who in 1978 wrote "Rimbaud, ou le fils du soleil"

Well done, all.

Over to Anton for an S

I am off to watch Wallander on BBC4

Comment

Is that not Ferrero - Rimbaud ou le fils de soleil?

Comment

Yes, I edited my last message in your favour, Anton. S is all yours

Comment

A quick R, to be solved, I would guess, before bedtime

What R connects Joseph in 1791, Paul in 2006 and Richard 2 years later

All musical.

Comment

Typing error there, I think, Anton if the solutions I have are anything to go by. They are all the same word and they all begin with S, not R

Comment

OMG you are correct S terribly sorry - to type R once is bad enough but twice!!!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                OMG you are correct S terribly sorry - to type R once is bad enough but twice!!!
                Ooops! Easily done though! Is is very good to see you back in these parts, anton. What with your return, and ofca's, and our Inquisitor arriving today after Ammy51 became a regular as of a number of weeks back, the ranks are swelling!
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

No worry, Anton. I am just as good in making mistakes. I must be the foremost editor of posts. I shall leave my response until the morning. A good game!

Comment

You could say I made an R's of things!

Comment

A quick R, to be solved, I would guess, before bedtime

What R connects Joseph in 1791, Paul in 2006 and Richard 2 years later
                      I think we're in for a surprise here! Joseph Haydn's Symphony No.94 'Surprise' was composed in 1791, Paul Simon's song 'Surprise' is from 2006, but I'm struggling to locate the third...
                      Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                        What with your return ....
                        ...especially because, as we were repeatedly told by Mr. Palin and his friends: " nobody expects the Spanish Inquistion"!. Did he bring his comfy chair with cushion with him for people who are slow to answer?

Comment

Originally posted by Il Grande Inquisitor View Post
                          I think we're in for a surprise here! Joseph Haydn's Symphony No.94 'Surprise' was composed in 1791, Paul Simon's song 'Surprise' is from 2006, but I'm struggling to locate the third...
                          http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle4794907.ece

Comment

Originally posted by Il Grande Inquisitor View Post
                            Yes you have it I'll just give the slightly more obscure 3rd a little while longer!

Comment

Yes you have it I'll just give the slightly more obscure 3rd a little while longer!
                              Not Cliff Richard then??

Comment

Sadly amateur51 not what I had in mind but very interesting none the less - the Richard is a Christian name and the surname evokes memories of Larry Grayson!

Comment

Working...
                                X