X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.....to keep the probable lack of clarity going Richard's surname evokes memories of Mr. Grayson in his Generation Game period.

Comment

This would presumably be Richard St Clair (ref to Isla) whose work Surprises was composed in 2008.
      Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Ah yes the memories, the memories but a female partner of his.........

Comment

Oh sorry I didn't notice IGI had got Isla and with it the T dance!

Comment

And so alphabetically on to T:

Which T is linked by works from 1873, 1925 and 2004?
            Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency....

Comment

Originally posted by mercia
              Tchaikovsky / Sibelius / Ades ......... Tempest
              Bloomin' 'eck mercia - you're cooking this morning

I was still back at 'R' with Vinegar Lil & the Larry Grayson clue
              Last edited by Guest; 29-05-11, 11:00. Reason: trypo

Comment

And I get here ready to answer the S only to discover that we are now about to get U. My, how the world turns.

Comment

I think we look to U to slow things down - we have a Pink Floyd DID!

Comment

does anyone have a handy U question at the ready?
                    I may take a while (assuming T was correct)
                    I got as far as Thomas Ades .... but mercia was quick as a flash! I think Tempest is right but I think rules say we need it confirmed before ploughing on with the next one just in case? I have a U which I need to refine if you like.

Comment

Tchaikovsky / Sibelius / Ades ......... Tempest
                      Correct!

Comment

You are not looking for the composers here, but the compositions. It's quite simple I think.

Which U is found in:

An opera based on writings by a Russian author first seen at Glyndebourne
                        Could be connected with The State? Op. 48 of composer who died young of malaria
                        You’ll find it all over America and in a Cecil B. DeMille film and also a long-lost ballet by a Russian

Comment

Gottschalk died of malaria

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
                            Gottschalk died of malaria
                            He did indeed Angle!

Comment

What an electrifying question, Anna, but I have set too many posers this week and shall abstain. Perhaps I shall wave a flag instead.

Comment

I quite understand if you want to step aside for a bit Angle. I think it may be quiet this afternoon as evidently there is some Formula 1 race on tv <boredom emoticon> and it is lunchtime as well. If no-one pops up with a guess in a couple of hours I'll add a fourth element.

Comment

Working...
                                X