X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
    Little Richard?
    No, no rock 'n roll. Take a certain walk in Hollywood

Rugby first half exciting, will look in again at full-time.

Comment

OK, sorry distracted by the match, and don't even ask me about the last 3 minues! <fume emoticon>

So, we have an American, in the Hollywood Walk of Fame and 4 song titles. His name could also signify hidden meanings. Now, what is the most famous Route that you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Now, what is the most famous Route that you know?
        The number of the little beast?

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post
          The number of the little beast?
          Mercia was here a minute ago and when I went to answer - whoosh! - he'd vanished!!!! And he had part of the answer. Yes, rubbers, numbers are involved, televisually-wise

Comment

Mercia was here a minute ago and when I went to answer - whoosh! - he'd vanished!!!!
            Yes, he tends to do that. And sometimes he goes back through the thread and deletes his old posts for some reason.

Anyway, I'm trying to think of a reason I wouldn't want to go down Route 66 and I can't think of one. In fact I have driven down Route 66 and even had my hair cut by one of its famous late incumbents.

Comment

Anyway, I'm trying to think of a reason I wouldn't want to go down Route 66 and I can't think of one. In fact I have driven down Route 66 and even had my hair cut by one of its famous late incumbents.
              You wouldn't want to go down Route 66 if you and your girlfriend had been drinking I guess? And, if you had blue eyes?

Got the cricket back on now, was hoping to see highlights on Channel 5 but I can't get it as I don't subscribe to Sky <another fume emoticon>

Edit: I don't want to get in trouble for obscure clues. You are looking for an arranger, composer, orchestrator and band leader.

Comment

You wouldn't want to go down Route 66 if you and your girlfriend had been drinking I guess?
                I'd just claim she was driving

Edit: I don't want to get in trouble for obscure clues. You are looking for an arranger, composer, orchestrator and band leader
                I already discounted Nelson Riddle some time back, so I think I'll leave this one for now....

Comment

I already discounted Nelson Riddle some time back, so I think I'll leave this one for now....
                  Why did you do that rubbers?

Comment

Why did you do that rubbers?
                    Because his discography (with him as the featured artist) included such delights as:
                    1957 Hey... Let Yourself Go
                    1959 Sing a Song with Riddle
                    1961 Magic Moments from "The Gay Life"
                    1962 Route 66 Theme and Other Great TV Hits
                    1962 Love is a Game of Poker

and I couldn't find anything to fit the clues which is why I gave up. And have given up. And must go. So don't try to lure me back with your alluring country-girl come-ons

Comment

Well, what do we do now? After congratulations on my Kaddish I seem to have set the most carp question in the history of AA. I wouldn't attempt to lure you, you know that!

Yes, it's Nelson Riddle (hidden meaning = riddle)
                      And we have the theme to Route 66 tv series, which won him loads of awards.
                      So, we have a girl with a nice smile (possibly enigmatic)
                      Someone ordering drinks before he drives
                      A lady described as something
                      Not with him as featured artist (singer) hence I said Blue Eyes (well for two of them)

If anyone can find titles fitting the clues, then the S is yours. Otherwise I am going into the garden to eat worms.

Comment

Confused of Felixstowe writes:
                        'Mona Lisa' and 'Route 66' both suggest Nat King Cole, BUT 'Nancy with the Laughing Face' and/or 'One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)' both suggest Frank Sinatra, as indeed does (Ol') Blue Eyes.
                        Right, it's back to last week's Wallander, which isn't half as puzzling!

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                          Confused of Felixstowe writes:
                          'Mona Lisa' and 'Route 66' both suggest Nat King Cole, BUT 'Nancy with the Laughing Face' and/or 'One For My Baby (And One More For The Road)' both suggest Frank Sinatra, as indeed does (Ol') Blue Eyes.
                          Right, it's back to last week's Wallander, which isn't half as puzzling!
                          No, Ofca. It's Mona Lisa (Nat King Cole) and Sinatra (One for my Baby, and One more for the Road.) You are no longer Confused of Felixstowe! Oh, the other one was The Lady is a Tramp (also Sinatra) So, I hand you the S, in your own time, no hurry, I will be offline anyway.

Apologies for rubbish puzzle. I will now watch Casualty. It couldn't be more of a car crash could it than my puzzle!!

Comment

Caliban will indeed be in for a treat when he watches the omni

Got about 40 minutes left to go, sitting down with a c of t having just returned from a giant team trip to Tesco...

John/Colin is loitering behind bedroom doors... Tense...
                            "...the isle is full of noises,
                            Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                            Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                            Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Which S links two areas of New York and a form of transportation? The link word occurs in all three elements.

Comment

Lunch is for wimps.

Comment

Working...
                                X