X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

er, well other Hovhaness works from 1983 include his Journey to Vega opus 372, so googling journey symphony I find the latest symphony of Rautavaara, no.8 is called The Journey.

just checking on a Schubertian journey ........... I should know this ...........

Comment

Winterreise - oops

Comment

This week you are on fire - all correct in every respect - K to you. I am off to the Lake District to study the sheep doubt if they or the humans have heard of wifi!

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
          off to the Lake District
          lucky you - have fun

Comment

K

- waltz 400
            - Martinka & the smugglers
            - I hate men
            - 12 May 1936 premiere

Comment

Easy! Kiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                Easy! Kiss.
                indeed, well done sorry for delay, I fell asleep

I'm afraid the convention of the game is you have to tell me why kiss - all the boring details

then you get to set the next question

Comment

Do I really want to have to set the next one? L - I'll have to think hard. I'm not really into this yet.

Will get back with the answers soon - but rest assured I have found the four connections already. One is obviously Kiss Me Kate.

Comment

take as long as you like thinking up a question
                    it can be easy like mine, or impossible like rubbernecker's
                    thanks for joining in

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
                      take as long as you like thinking up a question
                      it can be easy like mine, or impossible like rubbernecker's
                      thanks for joining in
                      Or rather silly, like most of mine seem to be. I haven't been around lately to join in but - Welcome Dave!

Comment

Solution: Kiss me Kate - I hate men
                        Martinka and the smugglers - an opera by Smetana - Hubicka
                        The Poisoned Kiss or the Empress and the Necromancer , an opera by VW premiered in 1936
                        Kiss Waltz, Op 400 Johann Strauss II

Now I'll be off for a little while to find my "L" questions.
                        Last edited by Dave2002; 10-06-11, 20:23.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          I haven't been around lately to join in but - Welcome Dave!

I really miss the AA thread! I just can't spend more than 5 minutes at a time at the jolly old computer these days - unless it's at work, which is still busy. Let's see what this weekend brings... (apart from the Corrie Omni - which I shall watch while doing some work this weekend ). Even now I find myself immured in one of the country's leading media institutions (also frequented sometimes by the Rubber One) wherein I must remain working for another hour...

Greetings to all Alphabetical challengers and musers and solvers
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

OK here goes: L

Sleep maybe

All out for 626 in the Roaring decade

NASA employs these

June Mary Gough

Comment

Is it Lehar?

June Mary Gough (Bronhill) best known for Merry Widow
                              Lehar is an astronoid belt, does NASA look at it, use it for something?
                              Is the second one The Roaring Twenties that used Lehar's music? 626 is a Packard used in the film.

Actually, not too sure now but I'll leave this posted and go to bed and think about things.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                                All out for 626 in the Roaring decade
                                the operetta Lilac Time ran for 626 performances in 1922
                                I don't think it is a Lehar opus but it is an L
                                June Bronhill recorded Lilac Time
                                there's a Lilac Fairy in the Sleeping Beauty but I think I'm heading in the wrong direction
                                having googled NASA/lilac it would appear that lilac trees/bushes are studied in the US to observe climate change
                                Earthdata is the home for full and open access to NASA's Earth science data collections, accelerating scientific advancement for societal benefit.

wouldn't it be funny if this was all total b*ll**ks? (my answer that is)
                                Last edited by mercia; 11-06-11, 06:40.

Comment

Working...
                                X