This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
    I was hoping I could keep quiet about the P for a while, as have jobs to do, and Anna doesn't seem to like my clues!
    Oh, that's unfair Dave, did I ever say that? As I recall, you said I was too cryptic! So, touche. Anyway, there is no escape, you solved it and even if someone posted the P word, the next puzzle would still be yours! There is no hiding place. Actually mercia, that was a very good puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      Anyway, there is no escape.
      ... don't tell anyone - but I think I've found a tunnel that may get us out...

And so - I'm off.

For my hols - Normandy; Brittany; Poictiers

Comment

Bon Vac vint!!!

Comment

Enjoy your hols, vint! - do you want me to get you a final edition of NoTW tomorrow or are you having yours delivered?

Comment

The clue is on its way - should be ready in an hour or two. That's if I do Q, which seems a tricky one. If I can't figure it, I'll move on to R, but I think I should manage Q.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Enjoy your hols, vint! - do you want me to get you a final edition of NoTW tomorrow or are you having yours delivered?
              I've never read NotW, should I change the habit of a lifetime? Oh, should I be posting on the chasuble of your choice thread? Thurible optional extra.

Oh, just seen Dave's post. Well done. Makes me think about mercia, first he's the Student of Ska then he tips up as the expert between the Punk and Oi! genres. There is more to merce than we think. But, but, Dave has not yet uttered the P word!

Comment

Previous P was Pathethique - A sonata by Beethoven, a symphony by Tchaikovsky, and a genre of Punk!

Now for the Q.

Try this:

No, not Izaak Walton!
                Harmonium
                El Dulce?

PS Word not musical. Two of the clues are, one isn't.

Comment

there's a rock band from Quebec called Harmonium
                  and Izaak Walton Killam died in Quebec
                  El Dulce means, I think, sweets, cakes or dessert

Comment

Sorry, no that's not it.

What book did Izaak W write?

Comment

The Compleat Angler

Comment

Well it's not that one, but maybe a similar one, more recent, and seemingly very hard to find!

For Anna, "maybe cheesy"

Comment

ah, this would be J R Hartley's Fly Fishing of the 1980's Yellow Pages advertising campaign

Comment

mercia

Indeed. Now how is that relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                              Now how is that relevant?
                              a very good question, I'm working on it ...................

Comment

well, googling Hartley and Harmonium doesn't seem to give me any Qs
                                likewise googling Hartley and El Dulce
                                so I'm stuck, but doubtless rubbernecker will stride in later with all the answers

Comment

Working...
                                X