X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just come back from a wet weekend away in Harlech and am saddened to find AA is presently moribund but hope that it will revive after a well-deserved summer holiday - if that is what it gets.

I shall be back but not for some time and send everyone my best wishes, hoping to find you all here along with some newcomers, in September.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
      I have just come back from a wet weekend away in Harlech and am saddened to find AA is presently moribund but hope that it will revive after a well-deserved summer holiday - if that is what it gets.

I shall be back but not for some time and send everyone my best wishes, hoping to find you all here along with some newcomers, in September.

Don

Rather missing some gentle Saturday afternoon brain stimulation whilst watching the Corrie Omnibus or Formula One (amazing on my brand new Freeview HD box: BBC1HD is breathtaking... Looking forward to the CBSO concert for the first time on HD plus red button for conductor-cam tonight )

There seems to be no question to answer - but I'm inclined to agree with mercia, let's wait and see if popular demand returns after the summer.

Meantime, greetings to all old AA stagers and newcomers wondering what it's all about. Hope all are having a pleasant summer - thank heavens some vaguely summery weather has returned this weekend.

Pip pip
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Now that the evenings are drawing in, I wonder if this thread might come into its own again...

I see mercia last solved a "W" with Weingartner in mid July.

Any more for any more, starting with "A"?

Comment

Happy to "play" when time permits - but beware Mercia now has the whole resources of the Telewag behind him!

Comment

Let's bump this old thread back to the top, shall we? In reply to Caliban's query below, I will respond with a question, the answer to which is my own view on continuing this game:

What Y denotes an affirmation, a 70s prog rock band and the final word of a James Joyce novel?

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
              Let's bump this old thread back to the top, shall we? In reply to Caliban's query below, I will respond with a question, the answer to which is my own view on continuing this game:

What Y denotes an affirmation, a 70s prog rock band and the final word of a James Joyce novel?

YES we can!

I'll go for a Z then.....

What Z has a Facebook page, was a Jesuit, went to South America (especially Paraguay), and among other things wrote a suite for trumpet and strings which the present writer is astonished isn't better known?

Comment

As if i hadn't got enough to do today already!

Let's try Zipoli.

There are loads on Facebook. Domenico Zipoli wrote a suite in F for trumpet and strings (pleasant- try the YouTube version). He was a Jesuit missionary who went to Paraguay and died in Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                  As if i hadn't got enough to do today already!

Let's try Zipoli.

There are loads on Facebook. Domenico Zipoli wrote a suite in F for trumpet and strings (pleasant- try the YouTube version). He was a Jesuit missionary who went to Paraguay and died in Argentina.

Indeed! It is a pleasant piece, that Suite.

Go on, Dave - kick off with a new A...

Comment

And we're off!

Comment

A - not a word directly related to music.

First word of musical title, demo by fruit flavoured band, opener for Annie's claim ...

Sorry I can't get a classical music link right now.

Comment

Whilst trying to find more helpful clues I discovered this -

Now you might understand what is meant by a one buttock pianist! Sorry - this isn't a clue, and it's not over helpful for this puzzle, but it's 20 mins worth of something which might be helpful to some of you in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
                          A - not a word directly related to music.

First word of musical title, demo by fruit flavoured band, opener for Annie's claim ...

Sorry I can't get a classical music link right now.

Not a clue, Dave. Bit confusing to be honest: it's not directly related to music (any music?); then it's the first word of a musical title; then there's no classical music link.... Not sure what you're driving at.

You've found a gravel trap on the first corner... Going to give a clue, or tighten it up a bit, and let us give it a tow out?

Comment

Clueless also. All sorts of strangeness going round in my head. Titlles of stage musicals, Tangerine Dream, Strawbs, Annies Oakley, Fischer and little orphan, tin openers...

Comment

Come on you guys. Can't you think of anything? Sorry I didn't spend more time to find something more classical.

Comment

So it's not a word which relates to music, has nothing to do with classical music, possibly all three elements are the same word but possibly not but it begins with an 'A' either severally or jointly, or in part or in whole.

Phew! I'm glad I'm not playing

Comment

Working...
                                X