hello rubs.
    yep, that's the geezer
    all yours ..................

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
      hello rubs.
      yep, that's the geezer
      all yours ..................
      Hello, Merce. It's been a long time. Don't you want the explanation, or have the rules changed in my absence?

Pascoe the preacher appears in her opera The Wreckers;
      She conducted a ‘performance’ of her March of the Women in Holloway jail with a toothbrush;
      She was the inspiration (along with Liz Lutyens) for the eponymous female composer (played by Mary O'Farrell) in the BBC’s Hilda Tablet comic radio plays.

Comment

Can some kind soul tell me what T's we've had previously?

Comment

this is the first T we've had after a long gap in play, so, as Anna suggested, we're not worrying about what came before
          the field is open, so to speak ...................

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            this is the first T we've had after a long gap in play
            So I've not missed anything, then? Oh, good. I'll stop feeling guilty...

What T links Josef Stalin, a seasonal November, a non-existent soldier and a few horses?

Comment

Originally posted by rubbernecker View Post

What T links Josef Stalin, a seasonal November, a non-existent soldier and a few horses?
              No idea but it's nice you've... bounced back, rubbers

By the way, how come mercia seems to have had a pressentiment of your return??
              "...the isle is full of noises,
              Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
              Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
              Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                No idea but it's nice you've... bounced back, rubbers

By the way, how come mercia seems to have had a pressentiment of your return??
                He knows my mind too well. Actually, I posted on the Violin Concertos thread before this one.

Thank you for your warm welcome, Caliban. I feel I owe everyone an explanation:

My severance arrangements with my erstwhile employer, various appearances before Parliamentary Select Committees, not to mention a spell of forced detention at Her Majesty’s pleasure have all conspired to hinder my participation on the boards of late. However I am exceedingly glad to see the AA thread has survived, although not thrived, in my absence. Such of my energies as are not immediately harnessed to the writing and publication of my memoirs, I shall endeavour to direct towards maintaining the traditions of this great institution. I thank you. (The Lord Rubbers)

Comment

He knows my mind too well. Actually, I posted on the Violin Concertos thread before this one.

Thank you for your warm welcome, Caliban. I feel I owe everyone an explanation:

My severance arrangements with my erstwhile employer, various appearances before Parliamentary Select Committees, not to mention a spell of forced detention at Her Majesty’s pleasure have all conspired to hinder my participation on the boards of late. However I am exceedingly glad to see the AA thread has survived, although not thrived, in my absence. Such of my energies as are not immediately harnessed to the writing and publication of my memoirs, I shall endeavour to direct towards maintaining the traditions of this great institution. I thank you. (The Lord Rubbers)
                  Presumably you are also working hard to pay the legal fees of your defence team...

You must have been hacked off. Oh well, I'm sure you've made some interesting new chums

Comment

Not to mention a spell of forced detention at Her Majesty’s pleasure
                    Oh rubbers, that's a very unkind description of your holiday with Lady Rubbers!! :laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                      Oh rubbers, that's a very unkind description of your holiday with Lady Rubbers!! :laugh

Oh, Anna. How I have missed you!

Comment

Oh, Anna. How I have missed you!
                        Reciprocated of course, and I trust your velocipede is well oiled and your lycra does not lack for talcum?

Comment

Troika - respectively: A three-man commission introduced by Stalin to speed up trials of his opponents; a movement from Tchaikowsky's 'Seasons'; Lieutenant Kije sleigh ride; and a vehicle pulled by three horses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
                            Troika - respectively: A three-man commission introduced by Stalin to speed up trials of his opponents; a movement from Tchaikowsky's 'Seasons'; Lieutenant Kije sleigh ride; and a vehicle pulled by three horses.
                            Ah, Ofca! Just like the good ol' days, eh?

Well done!

Over to U...

P.S. I see they're expanding the port of Felixstowe. Hope your house is safe from the bulldozers.

Comment

Should the above be correct, please possess yourselves of patience as far as 'U' is concerned, as I have to work my way through emails etc. that have accumulated while we were away in the far-from-frozen North. If I O U A 'U', I'll think of one tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X