This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ofcachap View Post
    it would be good for a few more people to chip in, don't you think?
    yes it would, perhaps those people who were so keen for the game to start up again
    my C question is easy, put any of those Italian phrases into the wikipedia search box and the answer will be the top result
    they are three examples of a particular type of aria

Comment

It looked very opera-like so I declined.............................but yes it may be until the clocks "fall back" we do not have a large attendance! Back to Bruckner 8 - why is Mr. Cowan only playing t'end?

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
        It looked very opera-like so I declined
        I'm not expecting anyone to listen to it

I don't think Mr C had time to play the whole of Bruckner 8 after the guest slot
        was the guest interesting?

Comment

Yes, in my view, I have heard him before on Private Passions and his choices haven't changed much over the years! He does however think there is a very good chance of intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe. I wonder if they listen to Breakfast?

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            yes it would, perhaps those people who were so keen for the game to start up again
            my C question is easy, put any of those Italian phrases into the wikipedia search box and the answer will be the top result
            Well, I've ruled out 'coloratura', since it is an adjective which I've never seen pluralized (in which case it would be 'colorature'). Consider me foxed!
            EDIT:
            I suppose the answer could be 'colarature', referring to the ladies who sing such arias. But why do you say the answer has 10 letters in the plural?

Comment

good heavens, people must play this game in a totally different way to me
              the answer I was looking for is Cabaletta
              time to move on in any way you wish

Comment

I thought I'd had to get up early for a meeting, but you caught the worm, mercia!

It must be Coloratura, surely?

EDIT: Ah! You cross posted with the answer. I've never heard of a cabaletta - I shall go and look it up now...
                Last edited by Nick Armstrong; 03-10-11, 13:17.
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

good heavens, people must play this game in a totally different way to me
                  the answer I was looking for is Cabaletta
                  time to move on in any way you wish
                  Mercia, you seem annoyed...? As anton points out, glorious weather such as we are still having is inevitably going to slow the rate here, hence the summer break. That plus work certainly limits my ability to focus here. When it's getting dark at 5pm, there'll be much more incentive...

However, having thought 'coloratura' over breakfast, I also devised a 'D' just in case. Not sure if it's a cinch or tricky.

Since you've answered your own question, shall I set D on a first come first served basis?

Why not... What is the linking musical D-word between Gregory, Kurosh and Edward?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                    Mercia, you seem annoyed...?
                    apologies ........... to all

Comment

not necessary at all

Comment

What is the linking musical D-word between Gregory, Kurosh and Edward?

Kurosh?

Ah, KUROSH!!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                          ... and who wd've thought Ian Burnside was also involved!

Comment

Any relation to Iain Burnside?

Comment

Ammy, vints and Ofca, you're all as cold as a witch's how's-your-father.

Sorry, been earning an 'umble crust this pm... I'll try and think of a clue or two although shall I leave it to the evening?

Comment

Ammy, vints and Ofca, you're all as cold as a witch's how's-your-father.

Sorry, been earning an 'umble crust this pm... I'll try and think of a clue or two although shall I leave it to the evening?
                                Strrruggling 'ere, Guv!

Comment

Working...
                                X